None of my installed/Data Files checked mods are showing in the game.

thenacmacfeegle

I've come around to giving Morrowind (steam GOTY) another go. I've completed the main game multiple times, but was unable, in those instances, to play Tribunal or Bloodmoon, for reasons I no longer remember. Maybe i moved on to other games.

Anyway, I'm giving it another tilt, and while I'm not greedy, I do want to give the graphics a slight boost.

I first installed the Morrowind code patch and ran it. Then I installed Morrowind Rebirth, MGE XE, then better bodies, better clothes and finally landscape retexture (2k)

I enable all of them in the Data Files dialogue on the startup splash.

I've installed the addons manually, by unzipping them into my Data Files folder or, in the case of the MGE XE, installing to my Morrowind directory, running it, and building shaders, landscapes and statics.

I expected little, really, but I didn't expect this little. Character models are not updated, clothes are not updated, there're no statics like grass, the water texture is the default OG texture, the draw distance is max default, there ARE a few docks spawned in the Balmora canal, though there is a huge square-shaped chunk of missing geometry along the north side of that canal, to the eastern end.

What've I got wrong?

ps. I remember this happening last time i tried, I don't remember the suggested solution though...

BONUS QUESTION:

When I FIRST tried to mod Morrowind, must have been a decade ago or thereabouts, I got some pretty cool looks out of everything - very lush grass, a balmora that looked more like an aztec settlement, very saturated colours.. very lush farms outside Vivec if i remember correctly... it ran horribly, but i kinda miss the lushness of the graphics, any idea what mod that was? I'm sure it's outdated now,