Game crashes or freezes every 5 minutes.

OliviaF

Typically the game will start fine, runs normally for about 5 or so minutes, then after doing something(such as going through a door), it'll just freeze up and the only way to fix it would be to close it from the task manager. I'm unsure as to what could be causing this, I've tried disabling all of my texture mods thinking that could be it, but that hasn't done anything.

Cpu is a AMD Ryzen 5, and my GPU is a ATI Radeon RX 570 Series,

Edited by OliviaF

In your list there are mods using OBSE with additional plugins. I would try to disable these mods using them and temporaly unistall these plugins too.

Edit: Oblivion Character Ovehaul needs Blockhead (and recommended is also NPC Tex Tweak), and Dynamic Map needs MenuQue.

Edited by RomanR

Do you have very many hours on this character's save?

I'm wondering if you may be running into the A-Bomb stuck animation problem. Wrye Bash has a utility to fix it, but the most effective modern way to deal with it is by using EngineBugFixes ( see fix #28).

Do you have very many hours on this character's save?

I'm wondering if you may be running into the A-Bomb stuck animation problem. Wrye Bash has a utility to fix it, but the most effective modern way to deal with it is by using EngineBugFixes ( see fix #28).

Brand new character, only maybe an hour in.

In your list there are mods using OBSE with additional plugins. I would try to disable these mods using them and temporaly unistall these plugins too.

Edit: Oblivion Character Ovehaul needs Blockhead (and recommended is also NPC Tex Tweak), and Dynamic Map needs MenuQue.

Blockhead is already enabled, as is MenuQue.

As I was victim of A-bomb bug too, I think it´s unlikely too be a culprit - with my experience this practicaly stops various animations like fire or opening doors, but not freeze whole game. And because Message Logger doesn't report outright conflicts, I'm suspecting something "outside" - I noticed some reports of plugins not working with newer xOBSE, that's why I advised to begin there.

Edited by RomanR

As I was victim of A-bomb bug too, I think it´s unlikely too be a culprit - with my experience this practicaly stops various animations like fire or opening doors, but not freeze whole game. And because Message Logger doesn't report outright conflicts, I'm suspecting something "outside" - I noticed some reports of plugins not working with newer xOBSE, that's why I advised to begin there.

Which plugins don't work, so I can turn them off?

My only clue as to the issue is that if I get near Kvatch, the game will crash.

Edited by OliviaF

To be precise, rather not working right, due the changes in newer versions of xOBSE. MenuQue in particular is sometimes mentioned to cause problems. However as you mentioned Kvatch and crashes near it, did you try to disable Battle for Kvatch.esp? Seems directly asociated with it. If it doesn't help I would take these steps:

1. As I mentioned earlier first I would disable all mods using more than just clean OBSE and temporaly uninstall these plugins.

2. Next step I would disable all mods using OBSE, so OBSE will be run but no mod will use it.

3. If it doesn't help then it starts hard work to determine what remaining mods would cause problem. Good strategy is to disable one half, then another. After finding the problematic half, disable the half of possibly problematic mods and so on until you determine the exact culprit.