Changing Weather

MikeMoore

Hey everyone,

I'm working on my first mod which is going to be a little fort and a dungeon off the side of Throat of the World. My problem is it's always snowing where I've built my fort, and I'd like to give the fort the illusion that it's snowing everywhere around the fort, but not on the inside. Is there any way to do that? If not, is there a way to just set weather to clear in certain areas?

This is my first post on the forum, so thank all of you in advance for answering.

EDIT: Apparently it's not my first post, it says I have 27 total.

Edited by MikeMoore

I think weather is constant over the cell your fort is in so to have different weather at your fort you would have to make it a separate cell/worldspace. Hit the you tube skyrim tutorials, about weather in a custom worldspace.

You can play around with sw and fw (set weather and force weather) console commands to figure out your forts weather 'boundries', see what your dealing with. Key codes here.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_%28Skyrim%29/Weather

Use a test load you don't mind screwing with and no weather mods installed. Fw works better but you can jam the weather in the cell with it if you save while playing around.

Anyway, not much help I'm afraid but can't leave you here bumping the thread forever mate :)

Only teasing you about the bumps dude, I'm rarely in the forums but hate to see new posters with zero replies. I think because there's no easy answer outside of a custom world space you didn't get swamped with replies :)

Look for mods on nexus with there own custom wordspace and do a good forum search on custom worldspace also. Fort dawngard is a prime example of a fort in it's own worldspace so you could poke around there in the CK.

Anyway look forward to seeing your mod, don't worry too much about the weather and remember there's always 'wizards did it'.