How to make a voice like Mankar Cameron's speech in MQ15

Hey guys,

Just working on an update for my mod at the moment, and I want to have a voice effect similar to that of Mankar Cameron's speech in the Paradise quest - dialogue that sounds like it's coming from inside the player's head if that makes sense?

At the moment i'm just using the playsound command in scripts to get it to work, but obviously that cancels as soon as you enter any menus and doesn't have subtitles.

I've realised that the game uses NPCs specifically there just to have the voice in game, but I can't figure out how to make the voice sound like it's coming from the player's perspective.

Thanks for any help!

This particular quest (in script MQ15Script) is using trick with "say" command which can be used regardless of distance from a player and is not tied only to NPCs. More in this wiki: https://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=Say

The "echo" effect is already sampled in mp3 file, so you will need some audio software to make something similar from your speech.

Just tried that with the audiopositionflag but setting that to one still won't work, have the NPC in a room outside of the interior map and the subtitles come on and he speaks, but even with the position flag on the voice still gets quieter with distance and you can't hear him regardless of your position in the map.

In earlier stages of this quest it isn't NPC who is speaking, but a static object named "MQ15ResurrectPad1" which is a marker placed in ParadisePlayerStart cell. The command which triggers that speach is "MQ15ResurrectPad1.say MQ15MankarRant 1 MankarCamoran 1" in its quest script. So you can try something similar?