Adjusting Weapon Attribute Displays To Be Universal In The Modding Suite

The bar length and color coding for each weapon attribute is chosen relative to that weapon's hidden class. The result of this are attributes that appear to be mismatched if the player is not aware of these hidden weapon classes.

Example:

t1n0syo.png

The L11A5 and the M16 have RANGE - GROUND attributes that are different by roughly a factor of 4. This is only apparent if you read the number next to the attribute. The bars and color coding are indistinguishable at a glance. Similar discrepencies occur when comparing HE POWER, SUPPRESSION, and RATE OF FIRE in this example.

I find this system annoying. I prefer to quickly scan the attibutes of my units while calling them in. I chose an extreme example to illustrate. Often, I have to do a double-take when I see that my recoiless rifle infantry has "green" range and lower actual range than my ATGM infantry with "orange" range.

Can I use the Wargame Modding Suite to change how weapon attributes are displayed? I want the color coding and bars to be relative to all weapons (excluding indirect fire weapons) rather than weapons of the same hidden class.