What plug in?

Malchik

The Latest, greates housing mod_gold!!

Description: This is a combined housing and quest mod. The whole thing starts at (my memorie is starting to get bad) a apartment found at at the bottom of st. delyn vivec.

There you will find 2 redugards and a ordinator. The two Redugard women will sell you apartments. To start the quest buy the place called viverion. You will soon find out that every thing isn’t how it should be. When you go back to the place you will be brought on adventures beyond your imagination.

Contains: New npc’s

New homes available buying. (about 15 top quality houses)

And i am shure that it is a lot more. Or maybe not.

My opinion: This must be the BEST mod i have ever played. And that says quite much. (have played about 100 mods.) This mod gives me the creepes. I really dont understand how it is possible to make such a mod. I actually got scared when I played this mod (maybe it is just me beeing a 15 year old, but anyway).

Out of 10 this mod gets 12 :D

Malchik adds.

Certainly if you want houses you can end up with loads (Balmora 2, Hla Oad, Gnaar Mok, Vos, Seyda Neen, Gnisis, Sadrith Mora, Tel Branora, Pelagiad, Nr Ashmelech, Dagon Fel, Suran, Caldera, Ald Rhun and Red mountain with a small canton in Vivec)! The Mod has many things going for it including a satifyingly large battle. I'm not sure I'd rate it as the best I've played but I'd certainly recommend it highly. (My house in Vos came without a door and I had to update one journal entry via the console as already indicated in the readme, otherwise it worked fine!) Would probably conflict with Balmora Expansion and possibly Liligue Island.

Three more (two not so wonderful). I have held off on the White Wolf as I thought someone else was going to review it but nothing has been posted. Again, other's views will be happily received. I have also added a couple of lines to Silvuru's review of Latest Greatest Housing Mod gold above.

Ald Indoril

Well the idea is good but for me I couldn't get it to work!

There is a new section to Mournhold with representation from three guilds (Fighters, Mages and Thieves) all with quests. There is a new faction, Brotherhood of Indoril, (?unjoinable) and several miscellaneous quests. The town area has places to stay and a brothel full of 'love merchants' and various salespersons. It includes a number of trainers of which the rest of Mournhold is in short supply.

So far so good BUT...

The Mages and Fighters guild quests, three in total, were fine, as was one miscellaneous quest to do with a magic chair. Unfortunately whatever I tried I could not get the second thieves guild quest to work. I will try again to use the console command to end the quest. Unless you do this quest you cannot get the third that takes you into the cave system below The Brotherhood of Indoril building. I broke in and effectively did the quest anyway but it annoyed me. The BOI quest to kill the woman running the brothel never appeared.

And horror of horrors having placed the love-merchants in the game you cannot actually purchase their services. (I had to go to the lap-dancing club over the road from where I live, so irritating) :grin: .

[bTW there actually is a lap dancing club three minutes walk from where I live. I have never been there. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!]

It's a useful mod for those who need training in Mournhold but unless I had some unknown Mod conflict it does not work as intended. You have been warned.

BC Palla Quest

The monster Palla (see the relevent in game books) has returned. Azura wants you to make sure it is disposed of for good. It is said to be a series of quests only available once you have defeated Dagoth Ur and become the big Peach!

Hmm!

You find the woman who needs help and arrange to get an enchanted item for her (visit a sorcerer and a tomb). The person summoned needs two artifacts (one lying about, the other obtained after a duel in the arena). They take the objects away to fight Palla and tell you about it three days later. End of quest.

Overhyped in my view. Apart from the Daedra in the new tomb there is no challenge and the monster is never seen. Why you had to be Nectarine to do it I can't say. It would mean no challenge at all at such a level.

The items you get are at first sight in-game, Spellbreaker Shield and Ebony Mail. In fact these are different versions. Why not give them new names? If they HAD made you get those two game items it would have been a challenge to anyone who didn't normally do temple/vampire quests.

There are several NPCs called 'dock workers' that have no real purpose.

I'm sorry to say it is not a mod I would particularly recommend. It did however work in its (brief) entirety.

The White Wolf of LoKKen.

Set on a mid-sized island north east of Solstheim. INCOMPATIBLE with The Inn of the Whispering Wood (land masses coincide).

For those who know mods by Emma you will know what to expect (witch girl, trib boyfriend/girlfriend etc.). A well-designed quest with interesting dialogue but perhaps a little too 'cute'? Handsome men, beautiful women, pretty children (oh yes there are children here) and quests involving dogs, a cuddly wolf and bear cubs!

There is also of course LOVE! And in this case marriage complete with wedding dress and false hair piece. There are also several quest reuniting sundry husbands and wives!

Is Emma a romantic at heart I ask myself?

The main quest and miscellaneous quests available before the main quest is finished are fun. There are however quite a few quests that you only get after the wedding that are simple fetch and carry that don't add a lot to the mod IMO.

Despite my gentle(?) irony about the romance I would recommend the mod. It has some satisfying monsters to defeat in numbers to make the outcome questionable to low level characters. And although set as part of Solstheim it does not have ten monsters to every step you take. It also WORKS!!! My only real reservation is that if you choose not to get married the additional quests are not available and the whole thing has a slightly unfinished feel to it.

Tip - It helps to have constant effect levitate as the terrain is steep and going around mountains can take some time. And everything worked!

I to have played White Wolf of lokken and tought that it was great.

Something other that was really great about white wolf of lokken is when you transport people. if they get to far away they will spawn where you are and the travel as fast as you do. Enjoy :wink2:

Three more - I'm trying to get through all those downloaded yonks ago that are simply unplayed.

To help others understand any comments I look for four things in a 'good' mod.

1. A decent series of quests whether linear, faction or multiple miscellaneous or any combination thereof.

2. NPCs with 'character', not too many 'for colour only NPCs', NO NPC's with generic MW dialogue. Interesting and occasionally humourous dialogue.

3. (Where appropriate) detailed landscaping, ideally with something original about it although that is an extra rather than a necessity. Well designed 'complete' interiors that look realistic. No straight lifts from MW or simple bed, chair table 'living rooms'.

4. A proper 'feel' to the mod so it seems to be part of a whole not just a series of non-related episodes. A decent 'reward' commensurate with the toughness of the mod.

Fot those wishing for examples a mod I consider unsatisfactory is e.g. Sea of Destiny. It scores only in its exterior design, which is very imaginitive IMO, but nothing else about it is satisfactory. The White Wolf of LoKKen on the other hand meets most of the criteria.

Seyda Neen Docks and Haldenshore.

Haldenshore has been reviewd by Tor Anders and I have nothing more to say. Approximately 15 Thieves Guild quests are added and if you are a thief-like character this is for you.

Seyda Neen docks seems to me to be a 'cosmetic' mod. It has no quests of its own but adds trainers, merchants and travel services (to Ald Redanyia no less! but no service back!) It has IMO rather too many NPCs as local colour, including Margoth (Fargoth's older brother). The opportunity to make some humourous dialogue concerning this has not been taken. The mod conflicts with almost anything else that is based in Seyda Neen including The Siege of Fort Firemoth.

AFAIK Haldenshore is still available separately. I am somewhat confused by a related mod called Velendosval that has the same buildings and character names as Haldenshore. It may be an earlier version although the quests are not exactly the same and the read me indicates a 'wizards guild'. If any one has any info please let me know.

Yagrum Bagarn Advanced

A fun mod with fine rewards. You get an unlimited supply of sphere, steam and archer centurians that you can take everywhere including Mournhold. After that you will get an airship that can take you to any one of 23 destinations in MW (not Mournhold or Solstheim) including Ghostgate. It is a smart looking machine and you decend from the clouds down a golden ladder feeling very much lord of all you survey.

I had one problem in that three NPCs did not appear when they should and had to be added via the console. Possibly it was a conflict with another mod but it wasn't a big issue in the end.

My one reservation is that the airship may come too late in the game for many. You have to be able to get access to the Dwemer ruin beneath Mournhold and into the Sixth House Citadels on Red Mountain. Then you have at least 42 in-game days waiting as the thing is constructed. If you use the time to complete Tribunal, Bloodmoon etc and leave exploration of Vvardenfell until later it would serve a purpose. Also I assume you can use it if you are a vampire too (not tested) making it very useful to such creatures of the night.

Nice feel-good factor in helping a lonely old dwarf!

The Inn of the Whispering Wood

Hmm! A large landmass south east of Solstheim (conflicts with The White Wolf of LoKKen). The island itself is a nice design but largely empty. Most characters are found in or around the Inn. The quests (I believe there are only two) are not well signposted so I may have missed something. Some of the NPCs are there as local colour although at least their dialogue has entries relating to the Whispering Wood. The Inn Music is evocative.

The first quest comes if you get the bard to tell you a tale. You need to get to the top of the mountain without using magic. When you do (it is not at all easy) you meet Dark One (no joke). He enables you to get into the mountain to find his trapped soul in a gem. There are some tough elemental servants and many soulgems it is fatal to pick up. You are given a clue to help you identify the gem you need. Unfortunately I could not find it and got bored looking. I added it via the console and freed Dark One. There was no obvious reward although the Bard made a new song for me!

The second quest comes if you explore the island and find the Ice Flame Caves. If you talk about these to the Bard you will eventually get inside for the rewards. You need the Ancient Nordic Pickaxe from Bloodmoon EEC quests to get one of these.

Both quests are relatively difficult but also short. There is scope to do more here.

All in all I did not get much sense of satisfaction especially from the first quest but perhaps I missed something out? Other reviews would be welcome!

Abothiana

Almost as soon as a started this I knew it was not for me. The house interiors were almost bare. Files appeared to be missing and meeting a character called Smells-of-Crap gave an indication of the modder's mentality. I gave up at this point. Anyone else wish to do a review?

• 2 weeks later...

First I will say this isn't my MOD. I am not sure of the guy who wrote it although its probably in the readme file but I will post the link so if anyone wants to try it they can.

Predator Mod

Predator mod.

File is large ~164 Megs + a couple

Include 2 new races one playable (predator) and the other is the aliens, with a bunch of classes of them also.

New meshes and tectures for races.

New weapons a lot of them

The basic summary is that you crash landed and have to prevent an infestation of aliens.

There are about 8 quests and the scripting is done well.

The great thing about this is you can play through the whole game with this character when you finish the MOD's quest

The only bad thing is the character and the weapons are a little unbalenced.

Adds merchants and trainers for the predators some with as much as 50,000 but they will not buy anything

The only problem I have encountered so far is that you can't play as a female, the first person hands seem to not load after you save and start the game again. This is a known bug and I think they are working on a fix.

I have had no difficulties with a male character

They also did a great job of placement it seems like it could have been in the origional game.

I haven't played too many MODS yet but this one has been the most fun so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Dulsya isle

Dulsya isle adds an island about 3 quarters the size of Solstheim. This mod does not require any expansions.

it adds 2 semi large cities to the island one called Sor vvalan and the other Ralstone. Both are developing cities and you may help them grow which are the main quests of this mod.

It also includes a fort Called fort rockridge, you start off here once you get transported there by boat at vivec. (the guy who brings you to dulsya isle is on the opposite side of the existing boat guy beside the foreign quarter ) look around and you will find it)

there are numerous sidequests you may take on. Most being the simple bring me a book or weapon ones but fun all the same. It adds numerous caves and very interesting storylines for the mainquests.

The mod is good and adds about 3 hours of gameplay and is also a small size i think. The only problem is that it seems to disallow any changes to tel uvirith like green uvirith or other ones so I am in the process of uninstalling it but the mod is good enough to play (make a new save file simply which i did not do)

overall rating (myopinion) is 7.5/10 would have been a 9 if it didnt cause problems

-CG

• 4 weeks later...

I've just finished playing the Sixth House Mod. It's a really gripping plugin that attempts to remedy the fact that you do not get to join the sixth house in the normal version of the game. This mod allows you to explore the lore and various artifacts associated with House Dagoth, aswell as providing a gripping alternative to the main storyline of Morrowind. Being a House Dagoth fan myself, I found this plugin very compelling and it fitted well with my own interpretations of the house.

:)

Name: Blades Quest: Prophecy Of The Lost Heir AKA Lost Heir

Requires: Morrowind(duh) Tribunal

Played with: Tribunal , BloodMoon , Dread Knights Plugin

Errors and probs: None , except the usueal Morrowind crashes to the Desktop.

Plot:

The plot of this quest takes place after the Main quest is completed (you must be nerevarine to play this) if you noticed , the NEREVARINE prophecy consists 2 main parts - Slaying Dagoth Ur and bring down the false gods(the tribunal) and the second part , to drive the imperials out of Morrowind.

15 years ago the brother of the currect duke of Vvanderfel which was an honest, just and clever man crashed with his entire familey in a boat crash near Khull , All the bodies were found except for one , the body of Arthun , the youngest son of the Duke's brother , rightful ruler of Vvanderfel.

Not to long ago the emperor had a dream in which the Goddes Mera told him that Arthun was still alive , and that he is the rightful ruler of Vvanderfel , and that he will bring peace and prosperty to the troublsome province , making it possible for the emperor to winthdraw the legions and grant indepndice to Morrowind.

You . as NEREVARINE must help agents of the blades to track Arthun(if indeed alive) , tell him of his destiny and to send him to Cyrodil for education.

The plot itself is very good and it mixes well enough with the offical main plot also , at the end u can choose from 2 diffrent endings to the game.

Gameplay:

Very fun , Very very fun.

A few H&S parts , a few traditonal RPG riddles , some humor and of course , LOVE.

Companions:

This Mod releis hevily upon companions and they do become much less of a burden , they have very high athletics and acrobatics and if u r saprated from them or they got stuck , after a few seconds they will respawn next to you , quite handy.

Yet still , Companions are still quite a burden , I think it's simply a prob in Morrowind =/

Graphics and stuff:

some new face models , very good , much better then the original.

OVERALL SCORE:

9.5/10

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

http://www.tarazaurus.com/zone.htm

The Zone

One of the most unusual mods.

Territory of the Zone is a Mist-like puzzle island, which has its own race. artifacts, architecture and one small, but pretty quest. At the end of this adventure you can get a couple of very useful artifacts and, (maybe), a little surprise. To complete this your Character has to be well trained.

The Zone territory contains its own ambient sounds and music. In order to keep the original soundtrack untouched, all new sounds are placed in region / sounds folder. So, when entering the Zone make sure that the music is turned off and the sound effects are turned to maximum level.

To start the quest go to Balmora ( sorry, I know this sounds boring. but it only begins there) and ask about the latest rumors. Only a few NPCs have the information you need, so try hard.

This is the description from its maker Tarazaurus Rex.

Possibly one off the most unique mods i have seen. Worth a download and a look. He made all of his own textures and meshes. A real talent.

This mod is set in its own world space so doesnt clash with anything i have seen.