Hi there, if you're interested in working on a mod and have some knowledge of quest making, then I want you for my Ghoul companion mod project!

http://static2.nexusmods.com/130/images/130/5305740-1376442017.jpg

I need some people with quest creation experience. What I'm working on is the first advanced top notch Stand-Alone Ghoul companion ever made for fallout new vegas. Don't be to intimidated by how that sounds, I already have the companion created, scripted, most of his basic dialogue finished, and he has a companion wheel, but I really want to add some quests to him. I have a basic understanding of how quests are made but that's it, I really need your help. We have Willow, Niner, and Russel to name a few of the greats, but we need a ghoul because no one has ever done that before and the nexus community deserves one, that's why I've dedicated my time to work on this project, but I can't do it alone. The ghoul's name is Clint, his features include:

• Playing caravan
  • The ability to use on command melee weapons, ranged weapons, explosives, and pistols
  • Ask him how his day is going (depending on health status)
  • Telling jokes
  • Asking About his life
  • The ability to trade & wait
  • The ability to be fired to the Lucky 38, your Novac motel room, or a custom location
  • The ability to play a song on his guitar (only if you ask him to)
  • JIP CC&C support

For his quests, he has 4 planed but I may add more, the quests for him are listed in order.

Quest 1; Book of Love:

The quest is activated by you asking Clint about his life and his girl, and then you asking Clint if he wants to pressure her, see if she's still alive. This quest ends after lots of searching in dangerous places and talking to some shady characters only to find the love of his life dead. You end up helping Clint bury her which leads to a slide show talking about what might come after this dreadful event of Clint's life.

Quest 2; Radio Waves:

This quest is activated after asking about Clint about how they would communicate if they got lost. Clint then tells you he knows a guy who's good with old world tech. Clint also happens to have 2 broken radio he found whilst scavenging in an old US military base. This quest is the shortest but does have a little action involving the rescue of the mechanic from some thugs.

Quest 3; The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly:

This is Clint's final quest if you're a male (so far, but there may be more quests). This one is activated by completing the first two quests and Clint asking you to help him with something. Clint wants to get revenge against someone he used to work with while in the NCR/ Rangers and he want to bring his new found best friend (you) with him. This will be the longest quest, it involves you and Clint traveling all over the mojave to track down his nemesis, on the way you encounter a legion centurion (there's a mini quest for legion friendly players), an old work college, and an entire town for ghouls. In the end Clint kills his nemesis and is at rest, he thanks you and OFFICIALLY declares you his best friend and thanks you. At the end of the quest there is a slide show explaining how the people and towns are affected and how Clint feels at rest. This quest may come with multiple (unplanned at the moment) side quests (depending on how things go).

Quest 4; The Tender Trap:

If you are a female character and "like" ghouls in that special way, this is for you. This quest requires you to finish Clint's 3rd quest and is activate by Clint flirting with you a couple days after the completion of the 3rd quest. You can either stay friends of go further. This quest ends either by you turning him down or as Frank Sinatra says "Love and Marriage" .

So if want to help working on any one of those quests let me know, if you also have any questions, please ask, if you have ideas or suggestions for possible side quests let me know, and if you want to help in something else such as voice acting, this is the forum to do so. Please help me make history by making the best stand-alone ghoul companion mod.

Here are some mods I've worked on or have made:

I suppose I could throw my hat in and help out. I can't promise I'll be able to work on a full time capacity because I've got school and another mod project on my own. If anyone else can help out whose got the time should probably be your guy but if no one else I can help out when and where I can.

I've got a lot of personal experience with the geck especially scripting and quests even if I don't have the upload history to prove it. I've got no doubt I can help you out if time permits.

But like I said I can't promise to be expediant or anything.

Edit: Just PM me if you want me in on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Ranger Clint Update 1:

In the video I talk about all of Clint's basic features and one of his advanced or special features. I'll be releasing a developer blog once a week to keep you guys updated. On a side note, one of my first companions I've made I'll be re-releasing before Ranger Clint comes out, so you guys can have your fix for well-done ghoul companions a little sooner. Also, Ranger Clint's first quest is being worked on thanks to Polyfemus, if you're interested in helping out as well, let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QthihzTLgqg&feature=youtu.be

Edited by spartenkiller897