• 8,583 posts
You misspelled BGS - it's BuGS  ;D 

seanxx

seanxx

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
"we're also actively engaging with our friends at Bethesda to learn more about the game and get more modding-specific information".   This bit intrigues me. Coming off Fallout 76 maybe Bethesda is being a bit more Community minded and actually engaging with the modding world!? Anyway I'm looking forward to playing it, I'm hoping it has a real Firefly vibe rather than too kooky fallout in space style. 

Skeet1337

Skeet1337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
why the f*** do those red things look like among us characters

JimboUK

JimboUK

There's someone watching me, I can tell.

• Premium Member
  • 46,313 posts
In response to post #107765728. #107766018, #107767368 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I disagree, it was obvious from what little we were told prior to FO4 that they had all their priorities wrong.  They fixed two of the problems in Fallout 76, the limited dialogue system and voiced protagonist, hopefully they stay fixed and they address the other issues. 

JimboUK

JimboUK

There's someone watching me, I can tell.

• Premium Member
  • 46,313 posts
In response to post #107767693.

Spoiler

They're markers of some sort in the CK, they won't be visible in game. 

Trazibol

Trazibol

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
Bethesda is releasing a game in November 2022.  Great :)

So don't forget to tick off the calendar in January 2024:
- Consider buying Starfield on sale after the 24th update ;)

humannature66

humannature66

Old hand & SKINNYrizer

• Premium Member
  • 8,828 posts
It's a Beth game, so there will be bugs, but those will be fixed by this community, so who cares?
Much more important is: It's moddable, so everything will be possible!
I'm sure, pre-tech cultures like in TES will be created, also post-war worlds like in FO, Asteroid-settlements, whatever comes into modder's minds! (in my case outfits for spaceport babes ;) ..) 
Already got a new pc, ready for Starfield 8)

Edited by humannature66, 05 April 2022 - 02:43 PM.

streetyson

streetyson

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
In response to post #107765728. #107766018, #107767368, #107767718 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

No, what little came out, both initial plans and in the teasing was as I put it, albeit I'm paraphrasing and summarising. The reason they didn't say too much more about FO4 before release was because it wasn't going right. Sure, they got their priorities wrong - that's not what I'm talking about - what I'm talking about is the BS they come out with, not what they're actually bothering to do.

Entreped

Entreped

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
"What we do know is Starfield will be using an updated version of the Creation Engine which has been used to power Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 (which is in itself an evolution of the Gamebyro Engine used by older titles)."

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd pass.  If they are unwilling to invest into creating or licensing an engine that actually works, I am not investing in the game.  It's 2022 for frig sake.  We already know the game is going to be a broken mess full of bugs that the modding community has to fix for free.  Most of those bugs exist as a direct result of that antiquated engine. Even CDPR is ditching their RED engine for Witcher 4 and going with unreal engine.  Putting aside how I feel about the scam that was CP2077, I am willing to give them major props for that.  Bethesda doesn't care about their community.  And if the Creation Engine wasn't proof enough, look no further then the Creation Club.  Have we let them off the hook for that as well? 

UWShocks

UWShocks

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 852 posts
In response to post #107768593.

Spoiler

When Skyrim and the Creation Engine released in 2011, it was a pretty big improvement over Gamebryo and overall it was well received by the community and by gamers in general.  They made some tweaks with Fallout4, but Starfield is bringing that NEXT GEN update to the Creation Engine.  I'm excited, and I'm HAPPY they're sticking with their formula, since there's decades worth of knowledge from mod authors and mod users that are built around Gamebryo/Creation Engine.

Sure, it's much easier to say 'use IdTech Engine Bro !!', but that will significantly change the modding scene; something I bet you wouldn't be happy with. 

Edited by UWShocks, 05 April 2022 - 03:14 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.073 seconds