Soul Eater weapon linking help

neo82172

Ive been working on a weapon from soul eater i hit a snag i don't know how to set up a weapon to work in game this is what i want the weapon to look like once its playable

this image is from [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14786/?]

this is what Ive been working on i don't like the other persons weapon placement while the weapon i sheathed but that's were one of my snags are.

this is kinda the placement i want while the weapon is sheathed

Edited by neo82172

If you mean sheathed on the back; in order to do that, the character skeleton would probably have to be edited or something of the sort so the sword would be sheathed on the back instead of the waist. Or, you might could set it to like what the 2H sword does, where it sheathes on the back. I really don't mess with skeleton models, so I wouldn't know much more than that. Something along those lines might work though.

Edited by jdude97

i put it here cause im not very good dealing with skyrim and moving my 3d models to it its a simple weapon so im asking for someone to make this weapon for meits getting way to hard for me to play with 3d models i only have 1 arm and i use blender so when i move the screen around i gotta hold shift with my nose and click the middle mouse button ans blindly drag to move its kinda a pain lol

Well can't do it myself since i've quit modding and the chance that someone picks it up is low. You might check out this thread.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/849893-reposition-axes-hammers-right-side-up-on-the-back/?fromsearch=1

I have no big clue 'bout skeleton modifications but as mentioned above and in the linked thread it should work if you move the 1h sword bone in the character's skeleton. But you might run into some problems because this would affect all 1h swords, there is only one bone/weapon visible when sheathed as well so maybe it would work with a dual sheath mod.

Another way could be to use a script to change weapon models. Moving the 1h sword bone to the back, using a model with 2 crossed swords while sheathed and when you draw the weapon it changes to the normal single sword model...its a bit complicated, don't remember the whole process and there might be already an easier way, i left quite a while ago.

...some thoughts, just in case you find no one that imports your model.

greetings

Edited by ghosu