Item Variations clothing pack mods

I know, I know I need a lot of help XD

So I downloaded Viva la Orlais but it isn't all showing in my toolset (and I think this happened with another mod but I can't think of it now), I figure it has something to do with item variations and somehow you only get to have 1 of what ever variations were provided? So how do I make that selection? I tried renaming the desired variation over the variation that keeps coming up in the toolset but it just makes the item go blank instead. I am missing something or a lot of somethings. Since the mod doesn't have a comment section I can't even see them as a point of reference.

I don't want everything; I want it all. XD

Try this:

Close the toolset.

Rename your override folder folder to 'override.bak'.

Create a new override folder.

Put the files for the mod (viva la orlais) in the newly created override. It should be the only mod in there.

Now open the toolset. The item variations from the mod should show up, if there was previously a conflict with another mod. (LadyofPayne's mods have a LOT of conflicts with other mods.)

If the item variations do show up now, then you'll need to resolve the conflicts (patch them out by replacing the conflicted ItemVariation IDs with IDs that aren't used in your game) before using any of the items in your game or mods.

When you are done working with the mod items in the toolset, just rename the folders again, restoring 'override.bak' to the original 'override' nomenclature.

Well, funny you should say that I have spent the past couple of days just sorting out conflicts for this mod—well other mods too (with LCF, Kirkwall Exports, etc.) but if I can figure out what I can actually get from it and what I have to gut, I think it will be worth it.

Plus, thank you for reminding me to back up my override folder, I meant to last night and already forgot today XD

Ok, so the items still didn't show up despite there being files (all the necessary ones that I can see MSH, MMH, PHY, MAO, MET and DDS) for them for example I was trying to get the multiple Vivienne outfits but just one outfit and hat show up in toolset. So if the components are their shouldn't there be a way for me to make them items? LadyofPayne's mods seem to have open use as long as you credit. I just never made an item for the toolset before. I am guessing it is just something wrong with her original GDA files.

Edited by HollownessDevoured

Yep, as long as the ItemVariation IDs from the GDAs files show up in the toolset, you can create and export new items with those ItemVariations. I'm not sure why her GDAs aren't working, or rather, why just one item is working... the little I've done with her files, the GDAs look like any other item GDA. *scratches head and looks puzzled*

I just downloaded the mod and looked at the clothing GDAs, and I see three outfits in clothing_variation_or.GDA labled 'Vivienne', with ItemVariation IDs 46, 57, and 39. There's also a separate GDA which repeats the ID 46 information (clothing_variation_bc.GDA), but the info is identical so there's no conflict.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary with regard to the GDAs, so I'm officially out of suggestions. :confused:

Yeah, I think I'll try for the sake of trying but I never did it before so I'll treat it like both a learning and fixing situations.

But I really wish I could do a master GDA for basically all the known DA2/DAI models but almost all permissions are required but with inactive authors or disallowed but this one seems safe XD

I just love to untangle and have clean straight lines, I love indexing too :P