Latest update and all is gone.

MPontiac
Go to solution Solved by Tannin42,

Since the update this morning, now vortex can not find the games. For whatever reason vortex removed all my managed games and now refuses to recognize the directory it was using before the update. Why can't vortex tell you that you will loose all your settings and configurations and managed games when you do an update?

Guest deleted34304850

Since the update this morning, now vortex can not find the games. For whatever reason vortex removed all my managed games and now refuses to recognize the directory it was using before the update. Why can't vortex tell you that you will loose all your settings and configurations and managed games when you do an update?

just out of idle curiosity did you have your mods and downloads in your vortex directory?

Guest deleted34304850

Is there an update on what they are doing to fix the issue. They have a report but no info that I can find that they have even seen the report of the problem let alone are working on it.

what issue are you referring to, exactly?

If you are getting "error: Cannot read proprties of undefined (reading 'rules') after update to 1.5.8:

1. Deactive automatic Updates in your Vortex (Settings->Vortex->Updates->No automatic updates)

2. Go to here: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/1?tab=files and download Version 1.5.7 (normal version or "custom install location" version, depending on where you installed your vortex).

3. Install Vortex, it auto-rolls back to Version 1.5.7.

4. Problem should be solved.

Edited by Hawthrn

Can you elaborate? It fixed the problem for me and rolling back to a stable version is standard practice as far as I am aware.
Since you asked earlier, there is (at this moment) 703 reported cases of the issue on github in the last 4 hours (https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/11576).

I used the same method and I can play and deploy mods again...not sure what they were trying to do; more reports are flooding in every hour.