Isolde somehow wearing 2 different outfit mods

Eppoku

I have this weird issue I have been trying to wrap my head around on Isolde. I use to have a mod that changed her into wearing a more Orlesian outfit called Lady Isolde by ilsolas (https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/5147) which has Isolde wearing a dress from Viva la Orlais by Ladyofpayne (https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/4370). After awhile, I then switched to another mod by ilsolas called Unique Characters Overhaul (https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/5175) and picked the optional option to change Isolde into a different outfit and then uninstalled the Lady Isolde mod.

The odd thing I have going on is when Isolde is out of the Redcliffe Castle, she is wearing the dress from Lady Isolde even though I uninstalled the mod including the utc files that went with the mod. Then when Isolde is inside the Castle, she is wearing the optional dress I picked from Unique Characters Overhaul which is the one I wish for her to wear at all times and do have the utc files installed. This is a brand new save so I have no idea how to get around to try and figure out what needs to be yeet from my override folder to make Isolde stop wearing the Orlesian outfit. I checked screenshots of a character I finished the game with closer to when I made the changes and Isolde is wearing the correct outfit in that save in and outside the Castle. I have no idea why in this new one she's decided to play musical dresses and I haven't really changed much mod wise besides a few new morphs here and there. I have already checked my override folder to see if I have any other Isolde utc files other than the ones from Unique Character Overhaul and I don't.

If anyone has any idea what is going on and how to stop Isolde from refusing to wear a less poof outfit outside the Castle, I'd love any insight.

Thank you.

How many arl100cr_isolde.utc files do you have of her in your override folder (between all your mods)? If it is multiple, that might be the problem keep the one you want from the mod you want and delete the one from the mod you don't want. The game might be pulling up either or due to the conflict.

But to be honest Ladyofpayne's mod is amazing but I noticed a lot of conflicts (and even errors) and I am actually currently in the process of doing my own fix/clean up of it, then going to work on her Ferelden pack.

I only have one of those utc files for Isolde that's from Unique Characters Overhaul, which is the one I want her to wear. I don't have the Lady Isolde mod in my override anymore so that it why I am so confused on why she is still wearing the dress when she's not inside Redcliffe Castle. :confused:

Yeah, their mods are amazing but I have noticed some errors too. That's cool you are fixing them up!

How many clothing variation GDA files are in your override folder (they may have slightly different name variations)?

I had an issue and it was suggested to remove all mods by renaming the override folder override.bak (then let the game spawn a new folder when you open toolset or a new game). Then add just Unique Characters Overhaul and the one mod of the dress that should be showing up. If she is still wearing two different dresses or one invisa-body, then you know it is a conflict with those two mods, if not another mod and then maybe try using TSM's Fast and Dirty Guide to Fixing ItemVariation conflicts.

Oh yikes, seems I have 43 of clothing_variation GDA files with different names at the end (example: clothing_variation_rop.gda, clothing variation_da2.gda, ect)

Okay, tried with a fresh override folder and just put in Unique Character Overhaul and Ferelden Pack together. Outside the castle, she is in her underwear and inside, she is wearing the dress I want her in. :pinch: So there is a conflict?

It looks like it (just not sure it if is GDA conflict or just one of your other mods having compatibility issues (like the same named UTI item etc.)), personally as I said before I am sorting those mods I spent almost the whole day checking just clothing conflicts with my mods (and I am still finding things XD) but I wanted it as a reference in a raw copy so when I am in the toolset I know what I am using from what mod. Using the guide probably would be faster and if you aren't a modder you don't need to make your own GDA files anyways, so try that.

Edited by HollownessDevoured

Ahh yeah, I am in no way a modder :laugh:. I have used that guide before in the past to fix an Item ID conflict involving the Grey Wardens of Ferelden's Rouge Hood with some other mod I don't remember sometime last year so I am somewhat familiar with it. I am way too lazy to try to hunt down what's conflicting right now but I am sure it'll annoy me enough to tackle it down soon lol. Thank you so much for helping me out! :happy:

Edited by Eppoku