Transferring presets Made in CK LE to CK SE ?

Is there a simple process for moving a character preset made in the Creation Kit for LE to the Creation Kit for SE? Maybe this has been answered somewhere already?

We notice that presets in CK LE seem to be based on 32-bit, and appear in the SKSE for LE as chargen files: NIF's and facetints.

Whereas the presets in CK SE, probably 64-bit, appear as jslot files.

Is there a way to translate the 32-bitters into the jslot types? Or is this a wrong question?

Thanks!!

Since they're presented in such a disparate manner (chargen files, nifs, and facetints, vs a jslot definition - and actually, many SE preset instances I have come with nifs as well, about three or four dozen of about five or six dozen presets in total, and even a few with included custom .dds facial textures - which, from examination are defacto "facetints")...

maybe the wrong question?

That is, while there may be a way to do it (can't claim to be an expert, just observing), from what little I do understand, I'm not sure how you'd back-convert a nif into Racemenu settings for an unknown prototype body and head.

Tedious as it might be, I'd be inclined to natively apply such a preset to an installable LE Follower/NPC mod, (or find a willing LE collaborator if you can't yourself) then convert the mod to SE, at which point you could then create a proper SE preset using racemenu in game in short order.

PS> considering the source is an LE body form, and for a moment presuming this is an older asset, I'd recommend conversion to the BHUNP format if you were to do it, in order to preserve the UNP-family textures and UNP, "body flavor" (which is distinctly different than that of the CBBE paradigm and imo/ime far easier to match against an "old school Skyrim" body design than trying it with CBBE and its descendants. One family isn't necessarily "better" than the other, but they are definitely different in how they treat the mesh and a whole lot different in the options provided in bodyslide and racemenu for the two standards.

Thank you. We (two of us) figured out how to make a jslot in LE! Just our inexperience with Race Menu.

But, after we copied and pasted the newer jslot to our SE folders, we did get tearing on the textures, when we tried to load the preset through Race Menu. We couldn't sculpt the mesh to eliminate the tearing.

Maybe we could edit the mesh with Bodyslide? We don't know how to do that yet.

Bodyslide doesn't work on heads, it works on bodies, hands, and legs. Bodyslide is used to establish a baseline body(s), both for the "naked" body itself, and for subsequent fitting of armor, clothing, etc.

As far as I know, heads and faces are sculpted in racemenu, possibly also in nifSkope (not sure there), and/or using offboard modeling programs.

your conversion is further complicated because you're using the high-poly head. At a wild guess, best option might be swapping the head out and trying to match the facial features using racemenu sliders and a bunch of snapshots of the original character face from different angles, although I have no idea how you swap out head models.

Thanks. Confirms.

The LE head we used is lower poly than SE, and we're pretty sure that Skyrim's SE engine cannot process the mismatches between the head and body-weights etc.

If we go return the vanilla Lo-poly female-head mesh to our SE BAE assets, we will likely lose the wonderful results we got on the existing NPCs.

Sigh.

Edited by Gorgopis