Removing "You are here" map arrow

GHETTOHOOPSTAR

If whatever you do still won't have an effect in game, keep in mind Oblivion needs "Archive Invalidation" or similar means in order to make loose file replacements load over internal ones from inside the BSAs.

Just a heads up in case external replacements to BSA contents were never used before now in your game.

Guest deleted2027229

If whatever you do still won't have an effect in game, keep in mind Oblivion needs "Archive Invalidation" or similar means in order to make loose file replacements load over internal ones from inside the BSAs.

Just a heads up in case external replacements to BSA contents were never used before now in your game.

Archive Invalidation is obsolete... use SKYBSA instead -

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/49568

It is so easy to just provide a link in every answer we give. :D I was gonna post that link now. Good you came before me doing it :wink:

I am a bit tired, have not read what has been done or not but: If this still is a problem, I will make that empty dds file, but only if you install SkyBSA, link is in the previous posting by WanderA

Edited by Pellape

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what do to. I can't seem to find the directory to the arrows to make them blank. Is the DarN folder the right one? I'm not sure It is. Someone posted a directory to where the arrow would be but It's nowhere to be found in menus80 (Or whatever directory They posted).

The map marker mod is pretty glitchy...

Wow. :smile: Well if WandeRA's file is not the solution, which it might is really. I will not check it. But there is a long shot you can do as well...

This will require some work but you will maybe get wiser doing this. I do not know. You did mention DarN. Every XML file that comes with any of these mods are simple textfiles, that can be edited with any text editor, even Notepad that is on your computer, that came 1991. I do suggest Notepad ++ that will help you colour the text in XML style, so it gets easier to see what is commands and what is variables. Commands is maybe wrong word, but is it? Well... yes it is.

The XML file has variables that has values. Not commands. You need to find the arrow path inside the XML file and just delete the path to it really. Backup the XML file before you try this. But lets say a book in game, it is the same thing. If we write the wrong path or misspell the name of the dds file, a picture inside the book, we will not see the picture in game. It is simple as this, just text and picture formations. HTML and XML is nothing else then simple formatting and nothing can break fiddling with them, not make your game crash. Make a mistake and it will look odd, nothing else.

Edited by Pellape

Guest deleted2027229

@ Pellape what is the exact name of the XML file that contains the player marker?

*edit Map_config would be the one, @ GHETTO delete world_map_arrow_icon and it theoretically should work. I used this method to delete the sneak eye.

Edited by WanderRA