Removing "You are here" map arrow

GHETTOHOOPSTAR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn cool WanderA. I might test this later. I do use dark UI the red version as I am used it since the first release back in the days. I do not remember when it came? 2007 maybe?

In Skyrim, I use this one.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60837

By the way, I do not see myself at the map in Skyrim, disturbing for me and I do not know what to to about it. I survive without it, no doubt.

A Screenshot of that Skyrim UI as well:

60837-1641026857-311171374.png

Edited by Pellape

So GHETTOHOOPSTAR if you use the exact same setup in Skyrim as I do, problem solved. These 2 games are so different. What you want, I really dislike myself. But if I hover over the middle at the map, I get some text saying. Your current position.

Guest deleted2027229

Open the CK, find the GMST setting -

sCurrentLocation

delete the text there and it won't show your position in game at all.

Edited by WanderRA

I use Skyrim 1.5.97 and the CK available is for 1.6.4xx something, I do not care, CK crash direct on startup. TES5Edit do not work properly either. I have no way of editing Skyrim at all. If you have any tips how to get CK 1.5.97, I will be grateful, no doubt.

Maybe you can make me a mod instead? It seems like an easy task to make, in 5 min or so? I guess such a mod should be loaded even after Wrye bash in case...

Getting a working CK through Steam will never happen. Steam provide one single version and that's it. I will not try to debate it with them. Some clever modder's did work out how we all can play 1.5.97 or revert the game from 1.6.xxx to 1.5.97 as 1.6.xxx does not work with all mods and that is not the modder's fault. I will not install any 1.6.xxx until all issues are solved. I have not tested the scripts and I do not know if they will make CK to become v1.5.97 and I do not dare to run that script in my mixed game setup. The game works perfect and a golden role is: Do not try to fix stuff if it is not broken. I mod oblivion and is happy with that. Skyrim is something I use 2-3 days a week, max, to get a nice and relaxed break from Oblivion. Even if i had a working CK, I would not create any player mods as far as I know anyway. :smile: I would make myself all needed changes for sure to get the game work as I want it to, no doubt.

I also wrote about other issues at the Skyrim Forum, a thread read by 49 players or so, no one can answer my questions there. I have written as clearly I can about my smaller issues.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/11442758-some-smaller-issues-i-can-live-with-but/

It is smaller issues I can live with really. I just have to accept things for what they are. I rather have these issues than playing a boring vanilla game without mods.

Edited by Pellape

Guest deleted2027229

Try adding this to the SkyrimEditor.ini -

[MESSAGES]
bBlockMessageBoxes=1

This one tweak should boot the CK just fine with Skyrim LE. Although it does freeze a little while on boot, it does eventually load after about 50 seconds.

Edited by WanderRA

I am using Skyrim SE, not LE but I will try it. :D If it still crashes, it crashes... If it loads, I will be a happy guy. I copy it to a text file and test it on Thursday as I do not have Internet in my apartment as long as I do not live there more than 2-3 days a week. Those days are my Internet free days.

I report back next week :smile:

I do not get any pop ups or anything nor messages. Just immediate CTD. Windows Logs are useless for me.

Edited by Pellape