MOD REQUEST - When you die, you permanently lose 1 point from your highest stat.

luzariuslive

Can someone make a mod that causes you to permanently lose 1 stat point when you die? Let's say your highest stat is Strength. If it's 42 and you die, you permanently lose 1 point, so your strength would drop to 41.

My biggest problem with this game is that death is absolutely meaningless. You could jump from a ledge a 100 times and die with no penalty. You can literally hurl yourself at an enemy 500 times until you beat it, which I don't like. This makes the game too easy.

Dropping runes on death is not a consequence, not even close.

I want to actually fear death in game, I want to feel a sting when I die. This will cause me to approach the game in a different way, more tactically and strategically, instead of just running blindly into a fight 100 times until I win. If there's a real, harsh penalty upon dying, I'll be forced to use all the in game crafting items more to give me an edge.

I truly want to feel the cold, harsh, brutal nature of the presented game world, but if I don't fear death, not even a little bit, then immersion is thrown out the door.

The game in its current state is just way too easy and I'm bored. I need a penalty for death to make the game interesting.

Could someone help me get my foot into the door to mod this game? I have programming experience. I just need to know how you guys are modding this game?

Basically, when you die, I need to add a script that detects what the players highest stat is, then just drop it by a value of 1.

Function OnDeath():
    var handle_PlayerHighestStat = GetPlayerHighestStat() 
    SetStat(handle_PlayerHighestStat, -1) #permanently lower players highest stat by -1
Edited by luzariuslive