my points of view:
what the thane do in skyrim? not so much, so this mod could give a reasons to exist.
A: things for the dovakin
1) you can arrest thief when you become Thane, and the captain of the guard will be a proper title.
- the Thane can arrest people with bounty only on the proper thownship (put a bounty on the thieves make easy, so the thane can't make wild arrest)
2) the arrested people could go directly into the jail (like when guard arrest you), or a guard spawn on place and take care about.
3) also the thane can be bountyhunter: dead (kill & buried) or alive (brawl & imprison). A bounty could be collect from the jarl
B: things for the bastards thievs
1) redemption (the thane must visit the guy): a second chance given to this felon applied on dialogue after a minimum x day of imprison: the option to give the freedom and change the faction could be like:
- join the civil war of the dova faction
- help to capture more boss (become you special follower - here must be think about)
- choose a proper job (random based on a skill): servant, farmer, armoursmith, dragonslayer (********)...
- exile (remove the npc from the game)
2) pitfighter (in this way they will kill each other and only one survive): fighting and win on the arena tourneament (must be anyplace, even the cage) will give the freedom, but without redemption = same bastards same faction
3) spread a random diseas so they will die in the jail
(********) those felon that got freedom from the dovakin could enjoy a new guild called THE DRAGONSLAYERS (with basic setup in one place...), becouse the blade sucks: a dragonborn must to do what the blades say? i don't think so!
C: things about the guards
1) the corrupted guards will lost their title and properties (if they have)
2) could become beggar, or join the thieves guild, so the thane can arrest them, or become assassin and ambush you, so you must kill them.
3) execution seems to much, but a public punishment on sunday afternoon coul give some fun at the people.
4) redemption, but the must go to jail for x days
+ the concept of redemption could be apply in some way to the dovakin too:
1- after made some of the Thieves Guild quest, you could have an option for getting redemption, after become a thane.
2- if you become leader of the Thieves Guild, you could have a similar redemption option, to disband the guild or altering the identity: like a dragonborn you have a responsability and after a soul-searching you realize that the Thieves Guild members can pay for their guilty becoming the defendors of skyrim from the dragons attack and joing the DRAGONSLAYERS GUILD that will reside in the The Ragged Flagon: the members must follow a strict honour code after a vow.
in this way you could disband the guild as soon as you become a thane or having more option to enjoy the Thieves Guild questline with the self-redemption at the end
Edited by BurtFreeman, 27 September 2013 - 01:06 PM.