I would like to apologize if this is the wrong spot for this post.
I would like to share a possible workaround that has a chance to fix the throttled download.
Of course that will depend on what's causing the issue to begin with, but it's definitely worthwhile trying.
After a lot of workarounds I have managed to isolate what caused the trouble on my end, which was the ISP, as soon as I opened data and tried to download from a handheld device instead of my home network, it went directly into the cap of 2MB/sec.
I then proceeded to make my phone a hotspot, sharing the same ISP network through the Hotspot, not directly from the router itself, which led to the throttle disappearing entirely and now being able to download files from the computer without an issue.
I hope this helps!