Vortex remembering rules

SeinSchatten01

Guest deleted34304850

hi,

i have had this too. this is my workaround - it may help you - or it may not.

if you uninstall the mod completely, any rules around the mod, such as load before/after or requires or cannot load with go away because the mod has been purged and everything related to it is purged too.

to keep rules intact, I add the updated version to vortex, then disable the old version, then once everything is ok and I've tested my game and its good, I come back and uninstall the disabled version. doing this ensures that any mod rules i create remain.

I have success with hitting the check for update button and then clicking on the cloud thingy if an update is available. This always works unless the mod author is using a non-standard versioning number system.

Guest deleted34304850

yup. i think if your update protocol is to first remove the mod thats about to be updated, then anything you've defined for that mod is deleted when the mod itself is purged by vortex.

Authors rename their files constantly. Pushing a solution on Authors is not the way. In fact, it is not a solution at all.

Using the Vortex Version selector does NOT save previous rules.

How this request is solved is beyond me...

Edited by SeinSchatten01

Guest deleted34304850

i explained how to preserve the rules above, follow that, it works.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

Guest deleted34304850

If I click on that version dropdown to install a different version, vortex needs to do its deed. That's what an automation tool is for. :wink:

i've never seen that in any game i mod through vortex unless i actually remove the mod before updating.

could you please tell me what mod you updated recently that caused all the rules to be lost? i'd like to try that for myself and see if i get the same result?