3ds Max to Fallout New Vegas, export issue :(

AvanZX

Hello!

I recently bought Fallout New Vegas!

But before getting into the game i would like to address one little thing.

My characters head (custom race) is around 15% smaller than the average size, so it looks a bit odd in game, while this is not game breaking i thought increasing the mesh size wouldn't be such a big deal right?

Enter my close to none modeling experience.

However after scaling the head, applying the changes and exporting from 3ds Max. The head position is changed.

This is the way it looks before editing.

http://i.imgur.com/EfAnxEj.jpg

And this is the way the exported NIF from 3ds Max looks.

http://i.imgur.com/hetoL6X.jpg

So i thought i was moving the head or somehow changing its position, however i tried just importing the NIF and then exporting without touching anything at all, and the same thing happens.

I think i am making a stupid noobish mistake somewhere, please, any help is welcome!

Thanks.

You probably accidentally rotated the head while changing the scale. The head needs to be in the same positions it was in before it was editted. You can scale things in nifskope so why did you make things harder for yourself by opening it in in 3ds than exporting to nif. A lot of things could go wrong when exporting from 3ds max to nifskope.

I am no expert but I do have some experience. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, the head itself has transform discrepencies between nifskope and editors. If you select the vanilla head mesh in the editor, you'll notice that its transform values are not at 0,0,0. To solve the issue your having, simply align the transform of your model, to the vanilla, and move your model to 0,0,0 on export. It should align exactly as it did pre export.

• 1 month later...