Heavy Traffic ×

Really strange issue with quest script variables

mutieblaster

I have a quest with a really basic script, all it does is hold two variables. It compiled just fine at first, and everything functions as it should in game.

The strange thing is, I can no longer edit the script. The Geck has suddenly decided these variables are invalid. This makes no sense, as nothing has changed and they were originally working.

I can start a new script, writing it in exactly the same way, and everything works normally. It seems as though the Geck just decided it doesn't like these particular variables for some reason.

If I start a new identical script with a similar name, I then add variables with just one letter different and no change in caps or anything, it all works.

As soon as I change one of these variables to one of my problematic ones, the same problem persists.

This is for my Roy Phillips Follower mod. The script is as simple as:

scn RoyFollowQuestScript

short RoyHired

short RoyFired

How can a three line script cause such a ridiculous problem? This is exactly how the vanilla FollowersQuestScript is written. It should (and did) work.

I've made plenty of mods like this one before and never encountered a problem quite like this, nor can I find any mention of anyone having a similar issue.