Safe Containers

renadragoon

Simple mod, that has buy-able safe containers to use in your home/camp. Like ordinary white bags, open top sacks, crates, boxes, etc. You can already buy chests from the Imperial Furniture mod by AndalayBay, but for a simple camp, a regular bag, or open sack or box would be nice. It would then be "owned" by the player.

Sometimes I am really stupid. :O There is a mod that does this already and I have used that mod for 2 years now and it is actually the best mod ever made for Oblivion, but it contains so much stuff that I completely forgot we can craft containers with it and place them where ever we like. Let me explain how.

MOO, Maskars Oblivion Overhaul, is a scripted mod that interferes as little as possible in any cell, anywhere in the game as that will cause conflicts sooner or later. it changes the whole game into something much better and funnier and is a must to use mod for everyone honestly and no other mod impressed me as much as this one for Oblivion.

I did some crafting in my workshop earlier and then it struck me like a lightning from heaven, this is what you are looking for. It has no containers in shops as you make them your self from wood that you get by using an axe at trees.

You either build your own workshop by bying deeds at any general shop, as they have workshop (house deeds) and all tools you will need or use my workshop that is included in my WIP and I already sent you the link to it in PM earlier but the beta is available here, somewhere: WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home - Page 26 - Oblivion Mod Talk - The Nexus Forums (nexusmods.com)

Workshop outdoors with a wood sawing station:

51916371938_236df23036_o.jpg

The workshop inside with all tools you will ever need and a vendor that sell all tools and also resources if you do not want to shop trees with axes or mine different ores in dungeons. I provide loads of ore veins all around the area, more than you will ever need. :wink:

51916600154_7c3cd9fe99_o.jpg

My forge and anvil and clothing section where you make clothes or spin thread from whool, making clothes:

51915307137_25c09f18cf_o.jpg

How to make a chest?

There are 2 different groups of containers, made from Cloths, sacks or from wood. Lets focus at the wooden chest.

1. Chop some trees with an axe or if you use my mod, kill some wood Atronach / Wooden Golem's that walks around outside the house ( They are not part of MOO, only in my mod, the wooden golems)
  2. Place the wood into the sawing station and activate it and you get your inventory filled with boards
  3. Go inside the Workshop and place the boards into the Carpenter Bench and activate the tools at the bench
  4. Make what you want from the menu, most likely a chest
  5. You get a deed in your inventory ( You see a deed at the carpet in the screeny above )
  6. Place that deed into the hotkey menu in game as that is the only way you can use it.
  7. Go out from your inventory
  8. Click the key 1-9, the key where you did put your deed in
  9. A fake container with havoc collision will pop up into the game, an object you can move around
  10. When the chest is exactly where you want it, click the move able object and you get a new menu
  11. Be sure to save the game before you finally add the real chest
  12. Add the chest to the game and it is now solid and cannot be moved anywhere anymore.
  13. If it is in the wrong place, you can click it and disable it in the console or load that save game you made before adding it. :D

If you look at the right side at this screeny, you see the most good lookig chest ever made, the round stock chest that is available in MOO and retextured in my mod, to fit better with my style and my theme and hues. The one in MOO is extremely rustic and rough. In the first shop I used, built in MOO, 2 years ago, I used the rough rustic stock chests there. At this screeny, you see the retextured ones and the Luggage at the bottom.

It seems Maskar loves the rustic look as I do not. I love stuff to look fancy and nice. I know he use hard core stuff, that makes the game play harder as well... :wink: Like forcing the player to stay clean and eat to survive. :D

He is still active. I chatted with him a few weeks ago as I made him Stalhrim arrows and we also debated resoiurces for making soap as he loves soap. He did not like the fancy soap I sent him that is included in my mod. :D

The Luggage is a chest that is placed everywhere in the game with COBL and it uses the same inventory, so whenever you open the Luggage anywhere, from an inn or at the FG or MG, TG or where ever you are, you get the same stuff. It is also summonable in my mod so i access the luggage where ever i am and when ever. I always have access to it. I do use a mod that allows me to carry almost an infinitive amount of stuff, so for me, the Luggage is a bit over kill but I did not make it summonable just for my char as it is for everyone. The Luggage is inside 4 of my cells, the entrance, the display room, the summonable tent and at the workshop.

51916275671_6c2b43a586_o.jpg

Edited by Pellape

• 1 month later...

Simple mod, that has buy-able safe containers to use in your home/camp. Like ordinary white bags, open top sacks, crates, boxes, etc. You can already buy chests from the Imperial Furniture mod by AndalayBay, but for a simple camp, a regular bag, or open sack or box would be nice. It would then be "owned" by the player.

'Simple' - I think so.

'Safe Container' - absolutely.

Why buy a container that you would have to pick up and drop each use?

You might like Pandora's Box.

Infinite storage with vending that increments Mercantile.

As I said, 'Why buy a container that you would have to pick up and drop each use?'.

My first problem was finding the Imperial Furniture store - the Description says 'just outside the Imperial City' whereas it is down near the jail sewer exit - why does it not just state that?

If we pick up more than we can carry...

Pandora's Box:

1. Open Inventory
  2. Select Tab/Item for..
  3. Transfer whatever
  4. Close Inventory

Imperial Furniture:

1. Drop excess
  2. Find Store (took me 20 minutes)
  3. Buy Chest
  4. Open Inventory
  5. Select Tab for..
  6. Drop Chest
  7. Find the chest fell through groundmesh (I've had this happen)
  8. Reload Game Save repeat from 1 through to...
  9. Use Chest
  10. Select Open
  11. Transfer whatever
  12. Close Chest
  13. Use Chest
  14. Select Pick Up
  15. Return to pick up excess dropped earlier.

Why do 3 or 4 steps if you can do 1?

Don't get me wrong GamerRick, many thanks for promoting Imperial Furniture which is an outstanding mod.

My bad.

Another mod I use is Bag of Holding. I give it a hotkey. I think you can drop it. I just keep it in my inventory for packing in the loot.

I also modified the Imperial Furniture scripts so that once I placed a container, I could make it permanent (and lose the option to pick it up again). Then it would act like any other container and just open right away.

So, the only way you are going to get what you want may be to make it yourself or modify one that comes close.

Edited by GamerRick

As I said, 'Why buy a container that you would have to pick up and drop each use?'.

My first problem was finding the Imperial Furniture store - the Description says 'just outside the Imperial City' whereas it is down near the jail sewer exit - why does it not just state that?

If we pick up more than we can carry...

Pandora's Box:

1. Open Inventory
  2. Select Tab/Item for..
  3. Transfer whatever
  4. Close Inventory

Imperial Furniture:

1. Drop excess
  2. Find Store (took me 20 minutes)
  3. Buy Chest
  4. Open Inventory
  5. Select Tab for..
  6. Drop Chest
  7. Find the chest fell through groundmesh (I've had this happen)
  8. Reload Game Save repeat from 1 through to...
  9. Use Chest
  10. Select Open
  11. Transfer whatever
  12. Close Chest
  13. Use Chest
  14. Select Pick Up
  15. Return to pick up excess dropped earlier.

Why do 3 or 4 steps if you can do 1?

Don't get me wrong GamerRick, many thanks for promoting Imperial Furniture which is an outstanding mod.

There are a lot of fantastic mods for Oblivion that allow players to select what they want. If I remember, Pandora's Box is precise on Mercantile, correct me if I'm wrong. Based on posts, I believe the item should not only be quested for but have a usage penalty - what do you think?