Witch Hunt pointless?

Faythnu

Unless your Warden is in love with Morrigan this DLC seems pointless, at least for Females Wardens in love with Alistair. Can there be a mod that gives a female Warden, in love with Alistair, a reason to seek out Morrigan? I would love a mod that allows my Warden to request a spell, potion, or the ritual knowledge to conceive a child by Alistair like Morrigan did. Something she can accomplish before going into the Awakenings DLC? Or maybe she requests this power before the final battle sequence in Origins? Right after the tryst between Alistair and Morrigan would be ideal. Imagine Alistair's reaction when she tells him she's pregnant and allays his fears over an heir! Also, maybe she chooses not to get involved in Awakenings at all and she and Alistair send a Champion, maybe Leliana or Zevran?? Then she and Alistair could both show up in the Awakenings beginning and relate warmly to whatever Champion they chose as Warden-Commander? This mod would need to revise the closing box stories to reflect these choices in Origins and Awakenings. A flashback to see Alistair, the Warden, and their child would be awesome. Maybe, even a portrait of the trio hanging on the wall in the Keep if this path is taken? It would also give Leliana or Zevran a relatable story to tell in Inquisitions. The possibilities are endless!

Again, while this mod would be rather cool, it's a very complicated thing to do. It would require additional voice acting and significant additions to the game's scripting and quest branches. I might also point out a couple of problems with the basic idea. Morrigan is an apostate, so the Bannorn would not confirm Alistair as king with both a partner who was an apostate (and knows magics forbidden in the Circle) and whose son is likely to be a mage himself. I don't recall Morrigan actually being involved in Awakening regardless of your choice regarding the old god baby. While the DLC is set to take place after Awakening, I think it would be easy enough to imagine it taking place during the events of Awakening. Since Morrigan does play a significant role in Inquisition, it makes sense to include a quest for her in a DAO DLC. Leliana does have a story in Inquisition, and we do find out how she got her position as the Left Hand of the Divine. Zevran really isn't related to the story of Inquisition except as one of the Warden's Companions. I like to imagine him leading the Crows on a merry chase as he takes the Guild Master's place.

You're right, it does sound intensive, I didn't realize there was an order to Witch Hunt and I played through it before Awakenings. I've played through as a Female Warden (Alistair romance-marry) and as a Male Warden (Morrigan Romance). I've had my M-Warden follow Morrigan through the mirror and also turn back from the mirror. I do feel that the child idea could have some merit though. The child would be between Alistair and the Warden. Morrigan would have nothing to do with it except impart the knowledge for succeeding. Morrigan would also warn not to attempt this until after the Archdemon is dead. No worries about possession then. By adding a Honeymoon cutscene after the wedding, the F-Warden would have an opportunity to use this knowledge and let Alistair know about it. I think there is enough existing script to support this idea already in the game. But, even so, it's a lot to ask. It was just a thought.

The greatest stumbling block to making significant additions or alterations to any DLC other than Awakening is that not only are the toolset source files for the content unavailable to modders, all DLC other than Awakening are encrypted... the files can't even be extracted from the game assets.

I rejected her dark ritual (every time), we were high level approval (I even killed Flemeth for her) and she ran off, so going after her makes sense in my game but it also doesn't because I self sacrificed too XD. She was someone my character needed to give a proper good bye to, so it worked.

Yeah, I see your point. Basically, Morrigan is a means to and end, they all are really. We know Morrigan's bailing out. And Awakenings is kind of of an end to Origins. Except for an Alistair Cameo in Awakenings (was that good-bye kiss cold or what!) and two appearances in Inquisition (which was where my hope was kindled), the second appearance I have yet to witness in-game, Origins is a forgotten memory. So, I guess, if it doesn't happen in Origins it doesn't happen.. It's just that I put so much energy, love, and attention into my Warden/Alistair relationship, that if my ruling beside him is my choice I wanted more. Just being selfish I guess. Maybe a small honeymoon after the wedding would have helped. No, probably not {sigh}.

I get it, I was peeved that importing origins to da2 was just some decisions for foot notes (but I guess at least I was playing as my cousin), I wanted my hero to progress through each installment, not make a new one each time (one reason I stopped playing at DA2, though I am considering Inquisitions since all the DLCs are out and they are officially working on DA4). I even hoped that my origins mage would eventually be with Cullen even when he wasn't so good looking—I felt he was more into my mage than Alistair or Anders (and Alistair unless hardened (or you are a human noble) is a tool, walks away from my mage!?! (I have deleted save(s) and restarted the game over it (the first time and when I forget to harden))).

But no, Anders doesn't romance in Awakening but does with my mages cousin in DA2 and Cullen just finds the Inquisitor who reminds him of my mage that does... kinda felt like oh sure... she was that special uhh... I think that was what really disappointed lots of fans some people say they wanted a DA MMO but I think it is just they wanted or needed to play the same toon(s) for each game and keep what you have worked on relationship, builds and gear wise.

I think they could get away with remastering DAO, Awakening, the DLCs, DA2, etc. to a server based world (but not MMO I rather have companions or solo) that they just keep adding/updating/balancing to keeping everything compatible but allowing reentering campaigns, cutscenes and dungeons so you can literally never have to stop playing—that be crack for some people. I'd literally replay it all with the same toon wait till the Inquisitions just to finally have that original mage romance with Cullen and be recognized as a noble despite being a mage. I am really attached to my main XD

Edited by HollownessDevoured