Way to repair--specific--power armor piece?

DynV

I got a sweet T-51 Gunner from the mod Operation Manhattan - New York BoS Quest. However a bug prevent me from repairing its torso that was mentioned by searching "torso" here.

I'd like to either drop the T-51 Gunner or put it in a container then select it then run a command to have it repaired (I'd put it in a batch files that would remove the material that a plain T-51 require to get repaired). Alternatively perhaps there's a mod that can repair whatever is handled through it (ie put in nano-bot box). Worse case, is there a way to safely manually change my save file to change to PA piece health? Perhaps I could put in a very large number so I'd rarely have to repeat the file editing.

Thank you kindly

Heyas Dyn!

as for a lot of what you are asking about, I am afraid that I dunno :sad:

Tho, you might try a mod called in game esp explorer. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16718

it allows you to browse the contents of a mod file, and spawn items from the mod into your inventory. If the chest piece is listed in the mod (which it would have to be) you could probably pull it, using in game esp explorer. And that's hella easier than tracking down the id numbers from the mod, in order to whip up a bat file. :wink:

I hope that this helps you out :smile:

Oh, but you can also get hella cheaty with the explorer mod. If you're adverse to such things, please use it with moderation ;) :D

Edited by StormWolf01

This is mentioned in the Bugs section of the mod, but I guess the mod hasn't been updated. The Constructible Object is pointing to vanilla T-51 chest piece instead of the custom one. Open AR_DLC01.esp with FO4Edit. Expand the Armor category, right click on ARDLC01_T51_Torso and choose Change FormID. Copy the ID then press Cancel. Expand the Constructible Object category and select ARDLC01_T51_Torso_R. Right click and Edit the Created Object, paste the copied number an confirm with OK. Exit and save changes to plugin.

This is mentioned in the Bugs section of the mod, but I guess the mod hasn't been updated. The Constructible Object is pointing to vanilla T-51 chest piece instead of the custom one. Open AR_DLC01.esp with FO4Edit. Expand the Armor category, right click on ARDLC01_T51_Torso and choose Change FormID. Copy the ID then press Cancel. Expand the Constructible Object category and select ARDLC01_T51_Torso_R. Right click and Edit the Created Object, paste the copied number an confirm with OK. Exit and save changes to plugin.

Thank you again. How could one either make a patch or a macro for that? I have a shared game save that relies on it, and I doubt anyone but those already familiar with such process that download the save would do as you instructed.

Heyas Dyn :smile: Ok, what Robotized is referring to, is talking about fixing the problem, there IN the .esp file of the mod itself. In order to do that, you will need a program called FOedit, or what we often refer to as Xedit.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737

It's a much simpler to use application compared to the Creation Kit (CK) that butthe$da gave us.

Now, what I will go ahead and add to what Robotized has already said:

When you first open Xedit, it's going to list EVERY .esm, esp, and .esl file that you've got in your game. You DON'T want to open them ALL. It will take FOREVER to load them all up, and cause a lot of confusion for you, trying to get through all those tree menus.

So, here's what you do, when it gives you the list.

Left click on one of them in the list. Then hold your CTRL key, and tap your A key, to highlight them all.

When all are highlighted, tap your SPACE BAR

That will uncheck ALL of them.

With your mouse left click on ONE of them, to unselect the entire list.

Now, scroll through the list, and find the mod that you are wanting to work on, tick (check mark) that one in the list, and click on ok.

It may take a minute or five to load up. It takes a while to load up fallout4.esm (which is always mandatory) so you have time to go grab a drink, hit the restroom, or raid the fridge :wink: before you start up breaking your cherry as a game modder :wink:

Edited by StormWolf01

To make a patch in a separate plugin instead of editing the original:

Open the mod in FO4Edit, go to Constructible Object and right click on ARDLC01_T51_Torso_R. Choose "Copy as override into...", then select what kind of plugin you want. I recommend <new file.esp> with ESL, should be the third option. Then you have to give it a name, example - AR_DLC01_T51TorsoRepairFix. After that it's the same as I described before, with the difference that you edit the constructible object in the patch esp.

Heyas Dyn :)

Ok so first off, an apology. I didnt check your profile before posting, but after having done so, I see that you've released mods, so you are most likely familiar with Xedit or the CK. So my apologies there ;)

I also checked out the mod that you are talking about. And the author has no permissions requirements in regard to that mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24216

Which means that you can create and post the fix that robotized researched and posted for you. (Tho if so, you should credit him and link to his profile for kudos. That's what I'd do).

Now, the bad news. What you're thinking about for batch files, or scripting will not work. The reason for this, is bethesda's fault. Whenever an item is assigned what amounts to an item ID number, it's a variable number, that changes from load order to load order. It's always XXabcdefgh (whatever). The XX is determined by what number the mod is listed as, in the load order. So if the mod is listed in position 45 in one computer, XX is 45. If it's listed as 82 in the load order, XX is 82, etc etc.

The only alternative to a permanent fix, is to instruct your players to use the console help command.

Now, all that said. Again, that mod has no permissions requirements. This is a really simple edit. I'd actually do it, but I have no intention to play the mod, so I wouldn't be playtesting the fix, or supporting it. That, and I disappear for several years at a time and then come back. Again, no support for the mod fix.

I see that you've released mods, so you are most likely familiar with Xedit or the CK. So my apologies there :wink:

I only used the CK for a Skyrim SE mod that its vast majority of changes are additions, a few objects were modified only in their location, and a couple were deleted (I later realized I should have instead moved them below ground but too much work had been done by then to revert); so I'm still green in Skyrim CK, and was completly new with FO4Edit.

I also checked out the mod that you are talking about. And the author has no permissions requirements in regard to that mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24216

I understand that if the author keep the copyright that people can't use the work in forks and in new concepts; but people can't make patches, which are minute modifications, without violating a non-open copyright?!

The only alternative to a permanent fix, is to instruct your players to use the console help command.

I've seen things like that in mod descriptions. Something like: This mod should add a holotape at [location] to change [specific setting], but if it was not there, one can use the console to enter the command "help [...]" to get [some data], then in the console enter "[command] [data retrieved with the help]". How could one do so in this specific case (making Operation Manhattan - New York BoS Quest 1.02b T-51 Gunner torso repairable) ?

I'd actually do it, but I have no intention to play the mod, so I wouldn't be playtesting the fix, or supporting it.

I've done as robotized instructed and created this test version, which if it works I'll create a new mod with, but if it's not made correctly I'd be happy to test your version. In Mod Organizer 2 (MO2) I've copied the profile with which I'm having the issue with which I only enabled the mod Operation Manhattan - New York BoS Quest 1.02b, then added the executable for FO4Edit, then did as you instructed then did robotized instructions. Once the new mod, named AR_DLC01_102b_T51_Torso_R_patch, was saved in the override folder, I tested it with that new profile successfully. I then created a .zip with the new file, adding a credit text file, then moved the original out of the override folder. In MO2, I then changed profile to the initial one which I had issue with, then installed the mod from the newly created .zip, then tested successfully the T-51 Gunner torso repair.

If I've done this incorrectly, go ahead and do it if you still feel like it.

Edited by DynV

What you're saying about copyright. This is something that is entirely New to me. Now, bear in mind that I'm not a lawyer, But AFAIK the only time copyright applies to mods is when the content is owned by the company that produced it, and they have a poiicy against using their assets in other games, or modding their games. As far as Nexus is concerned.

I have, however, reached out to Alex, requesting his permission for you to release the fix, as a courtesy to another author, even tho nexus doesn't require it since there are no posted requirements. I will send you a copy of his permission, if he responds.

Your fix would be the same as mine, as I was going to follow the instructions that Robotized posted. I also can't test your file. :( The laptop that I have the game installed on has developed some serious CTD issues, that I'm currently trying to fix. :down: :down:

Part of which, involved me having to remove all of my previous save games. And I can't get the game to play long enough for me to get an established char going, before it crashes and corrupts my saves.