Idle Animation in packages...

If you make a package with Raking, you must check the checkbox

Unequip Weapons

If an NPC has weapons, shield or a torch equipped, the animation is set to not start.

I did learn this the hard way, trying to figure this out in over an hour in CS. Why does my companions refuse to rake after the horses and cows when they are at the stable guarding them, they have their weapons ready when they guard. They always do... :wink: They cant clean up after the critters with a rake and hold other stuff in their hands at the same time, is that not obvious? I thought they would hide them honestly, per auto.

By the way: Farmers do not have wepons, shileds nor torches, so therefor they always rake and fight with hand to hand if they get attacked. That is so obvious as well. Really?

Edit: Lets see all options:

After a wild and also interesting and fun debate in this thread about raking and also black holes and the universe and ghosts. Do not read it if you do not need to laugh... This all about having fun, everything is fun, trust me, I have fun every day with this, both in game and at the forum. :wink: Here is the result:

1. Remove the weapons from the NPC (Not an option if it is an companion on half alert)
  2. Check the unequipped weapons in package (This will maybe make the NPC fight hand to hand if attacked, not seen in game so far by me)
  3. Add a script with SetAlert 0 when the package is in use (needs to be tested in game later. My agenda is full right now) SetAlert only effects the animation, nothing else if I read CS Wiki right. It is used for the Knights of the Nine companions. When they wait, they are set to setalert 1, to look like guards ready to fight. When they follow the player, they are set to setalert 0 to let the player to have full control. All immersive only of course, making the player really get the feeling of being in charge. Good Role Playing really from Bethesda here.

The thing is that option 3 sounds most appealing to myself. I use a script at my companions, added with a spell to a quest, that they should rake by really be on guard. The area they are raking is really under siege if you use My mod + MOO + my MOO addon. That combo is deadly for sure but exteremly fun. Odd stuff happens at this farm all the time. yesterday I did kill a wanted criminal at my farm... :ohmy: :geek: :pirate: (generated by MOO note boards in town). Comp0anions, cows, horses and chickens started to hunt that criminal. I had to run there to actually see WTF was going on. It was a mess..

52023594438_9393c33971_k.jpg

I just saw this. Look at the bow string at the top, a companion is raking. :D

All observations, thoughts ideas, development and everything you can imagine, is in this thread, written in a blog style: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9160783-wip-the-companion-friendly-hobbit-home

Anything can happen there with MOO and the MOO addon, anything, it is so damn unpredictable. I love it. The story is not written yet... Oblivion AI do rocks. This is impossible to really do in Morrowind when i think about it. If you have more optional ways to do this, we add them of course. This is what I know right now. There are many different ways to reach one single result really.

I will release my mod within a week or 3 or something like that, when everything is working perfect... Some polishing left to make... :wink: Nothing I cannot handle.

Raking is done here in frame 5, only screenshot available right now. No weapons equipped. I cannot say what happens if fights starts here when raking. This need to be investigated. :wink: Maybe weapons should be in the belt, equipped but not OUT. needs to be tested. IDK yet, but it is an interesting thing to really test later.

52004745839_3434adba85_k.jpg

This is the animation

52012986904_0769a7a312_b.jpg

Edited by Pellape

I am sure, as the animatin has conditions added to it. The conditions cannot be broken. The package you are using has the Unequip wepons checked if he has wepons in his inventory. Lets check it up so we are 100% sure. Which NPC is that?

I can tell you, that my raking packages dos NOT work until I check the unequip weapons. They just stand there at a single point, doing nothing. It is first then I found the conditions in the Idle Animation menu.

1. No Weapon
  2. No Shield
  3. No Torch

The game has bugs. Sometimes conditions can be broken but. Your idle animation section can also be modded. SO what will happen if we delete those 3 conditions and let the NPC rake with wepaons and a shield equipped?

he does not have the dagger equipped. It is unequipped and at his side. The conditions are not set to if the NPC has the items in their inventory but set to if they are using the items when they try to rake. My comanions where guarding, with weapons out, shield equipped in their hands when they tried to rake. NOTHING DID HAPPEN!!!! An we can debate this forever :D best is to check that checkbox if you will ever use this animation in your packages as THAT IS WORKING!!!

Someone ones said: A picture has 1000 words... This is MY setup... I do not know why yours differ as I have no mods loaded here... Maybe the Unoffocial bugfixes but it is not loaded here...

!=   ; Is NOT Equal
==   ; Is Equal
So the screenshot just taken from CSE. Read the conditions, IF EQUIPPED... :wink: Not at the belt nor in inventory, equipped that is, nothing else... :wink: Condition say: If OUT which is equal to equipped.

You do have a point, the dagger is visable... My NPC,s hides their weapons... Well, NM it is working when no wepons nor shield is NOT out, otherwise it does not work for me. How you managed it and why you lack those conditions is a mystery. From where did you buy your Oblivion? Mine is a GOG version, latest Patch with all fixes ever made that I could find applied to make stuff work perfect or as close to perfect as possible :D

I did check your bug section and the postings made at your DL of the mod - No complains, no bugreports, WTF... :D Can it be in CSE?? Why does it differ... This really bothers me now. Damn I am frustrated and I am going NUTS!!!. :D

Visit me at the nut house, will you? Bring chocolate and a bottle of Coke and some flowers, will you?

I solved it: You said you looked at the plugin. It is modded. This is the original setting for that Idle, the one in the plugin had those conditions removed. Problem solved.

Edited by Pellape

You are talking things without sense now. Maybe it is just a two-way language barrier. Let us try:

[...] The package you are using has the Unequip wepons checked if he has wepons in his inventory. Lets check it up so we are 100% sure. Which NPC is that?

The NPC is "aaaCCSkingradChapel02" and the package is "aaaCCSkingradGenericVisit01Graves8x4". This package has no flags set.

he does not have the dagger equipped. It is unequipped and at his side. The conditions are not set to if the NPC has the items in their inventory but set to if they are using the items when they try to rake. My comanions where guarding, with weapons out, shield equipped in their hands when they tried to rake. NOTHING DID HAPPEN!!!! An we can debate this forever :D best is to check that checkbox if you will ever use this animation in your packages as THAT IS WORKING!!!

There are differences between the three states:
Weapon out = Weapon is drawn, has weapon in hand ready to strike.
Equipped = Weapon is not drawn, but visible at the NPC ("Holstered").
Unequipped = Weapon is not drawn and not visible. (Weapon is only in inventory, neither visible in NPCs hand or at NPCs body).

IsWeaponOut equals true if the NPC is in state of "Weapon out" as listed above, "Equipped" and "Unequipped" as listed above do not equal true for IsWeaponOut.
See here: https://cs.uesp.net/wiki/IsWeaponOut

[...] From where did you buy your Oblivion? Mine is a GOG version, latest Patch with all fixes ever made that I could find applied to make stuff work perfect or as close to perfect as possible :D

DISC GOTY (German Localization).

I solved it: You said you looked at the plugin. It is modded. This is the original setting for that Idle, the one in the plugin had those conditions removed. Problem solved.

My linked plugin does not edit Animations settings. Looking at it with TES4Edit shows no entry for "Idle Animations".

I think shield or torch is issue with your NPCs. IsShieldOut and IsTorchOut is true when it can be seen (Only two states, visible and not visible. Weapon has the possible third state of being drawn as described above). Shield counts as armor, so changing armor unqeuipped flag on your NPCs and/or removing torches should be enough and weapons unequipped flag should not be necessary, as long as the weapons are not actively drawn by the NPC.

Edited by mixxa77

I now load Oblivion.esm to see if I can find the "aaaCCSkingradChapel02" and the package "aaaCCSkingradGenericVisit01Graves8x4" as you do talk about a modded NPC and modded package that I do not have any form of access to. We both know english very well. :D

I use CSE with a filter option and we can also use the text search in CSE to see if I have access to that specific NPC and that specific package. This dialogue are no longer in any public interest I fear... ;) We should debate this in PM and publish the final result when we agree and see this from the same angle. :D

aaaCCSkingradGenericVisit01Graves8x4 do not exist in Oblivion.esm

aaaCCSkingradChapel02 do not exist in my computer at all and not in Oblivion.esm.

I use Oblivion.esm as the reference for this dialogue as nothing else matters. What is in Oblivion.esm is the only thing that matters for a majority of the modder community.

You are referring to that specific mod. Not the game Oblivion it self nor Oblivion.esm, not the way Bethesda made that animation rule as that is how they made it and my screenshot is the proof. A picture cannot lie, well you can edit it, but did I edit it to win this debate really? Howe low will i sink to win? ;)

You cannot refer to a change one single player did and make us believe it works that way for everyone else. That rule is only inside that mod you are referring too most likely as I really do not know where it is, as I do not have that specific mod and I will not DL that mod to find out. I do not have any use of that mod. Hmm. Maybe I will try it though, but for other reasons as the mod really looks cool and very immersive with good and nice RP but not for testing that specific package. ;) I love good RP really, good immersion and good Role Playing. :D

I do have a solution really. I took a short break and made some speculations and gathered my thoughts. I will test that in my mod, deleting the conditions, to allow my guards to rake with the weapons and shield equipped. But it does not change the rule in Oblivion.esm that everyone here is using, only in my mod. No where else.

I cannot rewrite Oblivion.esm, publish it and make this into everyone's reality. That is impossible.

Edited by Pellape

I think shield or torch is issue with your NPCs. IsShieldOut and IsTorchOut is true when it can be seen (Only two states, visible and not visible. Weapon has the possible third state of being drawn as described above). Shield counts as armor, so changing armor unqeuipped flag on your NPCs and/or removing torches should be enough and weapons unequipped flag should not be necessary, as long as the weapons are not actively drawn by the NPC.

I did see this first now. You do have a point here. :D Still, that is the rule Bethesda made, not me nor you... :wink: It is in the game... :wink: This is how it works in the original version I am using at this very specific moment.

Edited by Pellape