Idle Animation in packages...

Good as we get no where. The modders that maybe will get this problem, will use our different info as they see fit. :D Draw their own conclusions, do their own tests and i do not care if they really makes it honestly... It is just a usesless RP package we debate, for immersion. It has not impact to the game play what so ever.

If they remove the conditions, they will get the same result you have already. :wink:

Are you able or avaiable for a test? Could you load only Oblivion.esm in to CS, take a screenshot of the right animation and show it to us? This is how scientists prove their theories.

I really do love a good argument. Look at this video... :wink: It is so fun...

Edited by Pellape

Let me share a short story :smile:

Einstein made a theory 1905 and another 1915 about relativity - He managed to calculate and show us in Theory why we do not fall of the earth and stay on. It spins, it should throw us away but it do not. The math for gravity was made 300 years earlier by Newton but they did not understand what gravity really was. But all space agencies use that math to calculate how spaceships, astroids and so on moves and we havethe same math in Oblivion when stuff flies around. Havoc

Einstein doubted his own theories.

A German soldier during WW1 played with Einsteins theory to stay sane in the war that did not go anywhere... In Belgium. He calculated with so high numbers, he suddenly saw a black hole and he sent his result to Einstein.

Einstein said it was not possible. You cannot gather so much mass at a singularity - No one had seen a black hole. It did not exist.

1919 a solar eclipse where photographed, showing that gravity bend light. A picture say more than 1000 words. It proved the theory. Einstein had to give up his believes as experiments is the only proof. He did his famous words: Damn I was wrong. That's is point 1

1933 Hubble noticed we where not alone in the universe, He did photographed the first galaxy, Andromeda, and suddenly we knew that there as many stars in the Universe as grains in Sahara desert and all beaches. So many doubted it. It cannot be true.

To the final point:

Einstein and Bohr argued. They never got along. They saw stuff from different angles. Who was right and who was wrong? No one. They are both right.

Look at them, they really dislike each others. They do not look at each others. This is not a fun picture as it sas all. They did not get anywhere with each others, ever, never.

270917_article_Entanglement_01-e16105768

Einsteins theories work on big objects

Bohr's theories works on objects smaller than an atom - His theories will be in the future computers. These plank computers only exist in Universities right now, as they are not stabilised. The chips we use today have reached their physical limit. They are so small now, that they are able to send a few tiny electrons. The width of the electron sets the limit, until it jumps and causes shortcuts between the busses inside the CPU.

Today we know a lot about black holes, because of Hawking, R.I.P - he also showed us what is happening at the horizon of no point of no return, what happens with the information inside a black hole. It is still a theory but is it? :wink: The hawking radiation is a proof. The hawking particle. Energy leaking from the hole. Matter cannot be destroyed, only transformed.

Still... So many believe in odd things no one can explain. We can only proof stuff with real experiments, nothing ls still. It is impossible? Does ghosts exist? IDK as I never seen one. My grandma, ant and cousin did, or did they? Why do they see ghosts? :wink: Is it something in their brains that do it? IDK... :smile: I do know it scared the sh*t out of Grandma as she got parallelised, nothing did scare my ant as she was steady as a rock. I did ask my cousin about it 5 years ago but he do not want to talk about it. He went sour and went into him self, gave me an angry look. IDK still. He will never tell me or talk about it. What was happeing? When my cousin lived with my ant, when he was young, their apartement was haunted by a Poltergeist and it was my ant that told me all about it. She explained a lot of stuff that did happen there and she fought... What an odd story... I can write what she saw... If you wanna know... She also told us what my cousin saw... Damn, she was odd that old stone lady, odd and powerful.

When did I hear about this? Well approx 50 years ago, I was a kid. I did not talk direct with my ant, I had no reason too really. I over heard when Grandma and my ant talked about it, during a coffee session that they always had in the early 70's, and this specific debate, I will never forget as it was scary. Well they did had that 20 years eralier too, as my grandpa recorded it on his first tape recorder 1950. :D That tape is funny to listen too, as they are so angry about the high price of woman shoes. He also bought tehe first TV in the whole neighbourhood so they where at least 20 neighbours and friends around one single TV watching the new shows... :D In black and white. That TV was a wooden beauty. Theys still had it 1970.

We are both right. But we see things from different perspectives. Now load Oblivion.esm and take that screenshot I asked about. Prove me wrong... :wink:

By the way, that is the thing with time, why do time differ so much for different observers? They move in different directions and light is constant... Something has to bend... Well time do... We observe that package from different perspectives.

Edited by Pellape

I think mixxa77 is trying to say that your assuming IsWeaponOut as equivalent to IsEquipped is wrong. These functions only checks if weapon, torch or shields are in "active" use - shield and weapon is drawn for blocking and fighting and torch is used in your hand to light your surroundings. The Bethesda in this case ticked "weapons unequipped" flag propably to avoid animation looking weird, if you are using two-hand weapon.

However, to conditions working as edited, one must unequip a torch, because if not weapon and shields is out, the torch will and vice versa.

Edited by RomanR

That is what my problem was. My companion that wanted to use that animation had weapon and shield out, prepared to fight, as I changed it from Ambush logged out, changed to Rake, logged in. She was still just standing there, with sword and shield in her hands. So when I logged out, checked the box, unequip weapons, logged in, she started to rake. :D

What is important is to share - This can happen. If the animation do not work, we have to figure out why. :D Physic tests in CS and in game.

Raking...

Edited by Pellape

Yes, a "Weapons Unequipped" flag forces the weapons to be unequipped while the AI Package is active, so it's also preventing a weapon to be drawn. But as I'm seeing many "Use Item" packages which also uses rake without this flag set, I'm wondering if you substitute these three conditions with simple "GetCurrentAIPackage" (I'm assuming that you are using this type of package too for your companion), the result will be same and more universal in the end.

There are several packages, more then I can or will count, specially as I added over 100 myself :D, but only one Idle animation for them all. That Idle animation have these conditions set in Oblivion.esm originally.

Packages?

That is what I wrote. it is just a simple Idle... :wink: The Nirn is still flat

Not much to argue about, You say water and I fire and the raking is working... No big deal... :wink: I add the picture again in case someone wonders what this is all about, but lost the track. What is OUT?? :D

I am just a Swede.

I did check some functions earlier. You do have a point.

Equip adds the item to a slot

SetAlert 1 pulls the item out in the animation sequence, only for immersion, but it does not really set the NPC on Alert. An attack will

SetAlert 0 will set the item back, if it is a weapon, it will be in the belt.

It can be so that a script with setalert 0 during that raking hour, will make it to actually work. I saw this in a topic with a follower topic... The result... Wait for player and set alert 1 - Yes sir Knight.

Follow me, SetAlert 0 - Yes sir Knight

SetAlert - The Elder Scrolls Construction Set Wiki

Just a theory

52012986904_0769a7a312_b.jpg

Edited by Pellape

To sum up what this debate is all about is language... I am a swede.

I also now realized this can be done in 3 different ways, which I will add top the original post I made. one point is theoretic and not tested in game.

• Unequipe the wepons in the package
  • SetAlert 0
  • Remove the wepons fom Inventory (farmers)

My problem here is that it is an companion I fiddle with, that is supposed to guard my farm, raking it while waiting for enemies to come. I do this with a custom schedule spell I made fort companions at my farm so the player can make their companions to actually do stuff while hanging around the Estate. I cannot remove their weapons really but they are not alone. If they fight hand to hand during this specific hour they rake, no big deal, so be it. I will test the SetAlert 0 theory later, after i released the mod I am currently working on. Other stuff must be edited before this tiny visual animations, stuff that actually is a bit broken. Increase the performance in a script and also make my guards into companions so I can repair their broken equipment in game. My agenda has more important stuff and issues right now that i will fix. I know how to do it... failure is not an option... :wink:

I will test it in 4 or 8 weeks from now.

The edited first message is here

I do like a fun argument... ;)

Edited by Pellape