CTD on enabling any ESL/ESP

Gasman6669

Anything interesting in Event Viewer? Have you tried using Buffout4? Those logs might present something someone else knows how to interpret.....

I do have Buffout 4 installed. But now that you mention it, the crash logs are completely absent. So I'll try to reinstall it (pray it was the cause) and update on it.

EDIT: It was not the cause. https://pastebin.com/df7u7Jq4

Edited by Gasman6669

• 1 month later...

if the game runs until you just activate one more esp at the same limit i would accept this fixed number "as esp limit reached" for your setup and don't try to load another one.

• 10 months later...

Thanks for this thread, I lost my rig, taken...but ahem, got me a new one, as I have installed the game and all the familiar mods from what I used just fine a year ago, now are causing CTD, older settlement esp's, and especially ESL, older files, in diagnostics it mentioned the older plugin files like it's missing something.

I was bummed cuz these are ESLs that worked fine before so Im guessing theyve updated the game in this past year since I haven't gotten to play so Im gonna try that version check thing and test it out to see if it mkes the game CTD right at start up, it ws the only mods Id installed since last time I launched the game.

They ruin our ability to play the mods we love, pretty sure they want us to buy a new game, and stop playing this one.

I will check back and see if it works for me.

Is there a way to fix the old ESL files that worked before but now cause CTD?