Actor sometimes becomes unable to attack anything

gulogulo

Hello,

I have a big problem. I have created a green bane encounter. Basically I spawn a reptilian werebeast. It has several AI packages that compell it to find the player and attack it from behind. If the player looks in its direction the monster tries to circle around the player. If the beast is wounded it retreats to safety. It has camoufage that is triggered by a script and sophisticated venomous claws. All works well (at least mostly). There is however 1 problem. Sometimes the beast will not attack the player or any other actor even if hammered without mercy by its adversary. I have written sometimes but this happens always when I apply the retreat AI package or when I ressurect the beast.

I tried everything: EvalatePackage, tweaking aggression and confidence values, casting 0-damage spells that normally initiate combat, StartCombat. No matter what I do it wont attack. Im sure the packages have changed though from retreat to attack since the creature approaches me and even follows me as if it wanted to get me.

Any help, hint will be very appreciated.

A breakthrough. It seems that if I spawn a werewolf via console it will attack me as it should. Now, when I kill it and resurrect it via console the werewolf will not attack me anymore. It will only follow me. However if I do as above with a wolf it will continue to attack me after the ressurection. Why this is so? How can I solve it?

• 3 weeks later...