[LE] Enable Activator upon Quest Stage Completion

jeyoon

Hello, I'm looking for some easy script support.

I'd like to apply a script to a quest stage so that when the stage is set it will enable an activator.

I have an activator that adds an item to player upon activation (no problems here) I've set it to "initially disabled" with the intent to enable it once a certain quest stage is set, however the correct way to go about doing this is eluding me.

So far I set the activator up as a property associated with a script applied to the stage of a quest. I thought I could just put in

"theactivator".enable()

but I get an error: enable is not a function or does not exist I tried to set the property as an Activator Type, but no go, so I tried it as an object reference and selected it from the cell where the activator is and that was no go as well.

I'm sure there is a simple solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Enable() is the correct function.

ObjectReference is the correct type.

Make sure that you have extracted the scripts archive found in your data folder. Not doing this will cause problems when compiling scripts.

Defaults are as follows:

SLE - scripts.zip extract at location and should find Data > Scripts > Source > list of PSC files

SSE - scripts.rar extract at location and should find Data > Source > Scripts > list of PSC files (and yes, the swap in folder order is correct)

If after all that it still does not work, post your script code and the full error code. It may also be necessary to include the entire quest stage fragment script rather than just the single stage fragment code block.

Thanks so much for the reply Ishara,

I went ahead and just deleted everything out and rebuilt it again crossing my T's and dotting my I's as you suggested and it worked without a hitch. I'm not sure what was wrong the first time.

thanks again!

Edited by jeyoon