Extending audio beyond the invisible barrier?

anjenthedog

I've been playing with boundaries disabled for quite a while now. There's actually a lot of vey nicely planted environment to explore behind the invisible barrier. Granted, no creatures except at the very edge a few might wander a bit into it, and no loot to speak of or enemies to fight (generally), but the landscapes and terrain you find can be really cool (imo)

anyway, one thing that always (annoys me a bit and) tells me "you're out of bounds" is that environmental sounds, and then music just after, fades out completely, and the world becomes silent except for the crunch of my boots.

Ideally, I'd like for there to be sustained wind noise and music if possible or even just one of them, but I presume it's some ",music/sound-by-region" thing or something, idk... So, on the chance that I'm wrong in that assumption, is there a way to extend the cutoff point via "user" settings? (ini file setting etc)

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, the sfx and music are 'placed' within the Skyrim worldspace (the CK calls it "Tamriel"), so if you want rustling trees and whatnot outside of the normal game bounds, you're going to have to go into the CK and put them there yourself.