ENB files causing Skyrim Crash

TarSirion

One week ago I got the brilliant idea to uninstall all of my Skyrim (every file related to Skyrim) and start with a fresh and clean save. Then three days ago I wanted to implement some mods. At first I always install an ENB and skse-loader. After installing both like recommended, with the latest files etc, I wanted to make some adjustments in the Skyrim launcher before starting up the game, but the launcher freezed.

The problem seems to be the d3d9.dll file, I already tried the Injector version, but then the ENB doesnt load. Using the Wrapper version and starting it from skse only ends in a blackscreen.

I tried reinstalling Skyrim and the ENB. I tried using different ENBs. I dont have any programs like Afterburner running in the background. I have the newest version of DirectX.

Currently I am a bit frustrated because last week it worked and now it doesnt, even though I havent changed anything with my Computer in the past week.

If anyone has an idea on how to fix this, I much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

if you've made a fresh install, you're skyrim.ini and skyrimPref.ini are "vanilla" do you setup your skyrimPref.ini for a enb?

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1

@@

• 4 months later...

Hey I can't tell you how happy I am to have stumbled across this! I have been having the same problem with my skyrim launcher, and prior to this I have been able to have the d3d9.dll in my root folder without any issues. Needless to say this is an incredibly annoying development....

I noticed this problem after I did a clean install of skyrim and everything was working fine except my game kept freezing with sound still playing and I would have to sign out of my account using alt+ctrl+del. I did some research and saw that this was usually caused by not having enough vram, and since I have Geforce 770 with 4gb I thought this was not acceptable :( I started up my launcher through steam and tried to see what my graphics options were, the windowed mode box was checked which was odd as crap so I tried to reset to default then my launcher crashed. Loading through SKSE still works but it undoes any graphics setting causing the freezing again.

I have edited both the skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini with:

iMaxGrassPerTexure=7 directly under [Grass] this is for floral overhaul

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 because I was getting gross black lines when using Pure Waters

So what is up with the d3d9.dll file now??? Is it due to the new version of enb I installed? Thank you!!!