204 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512,238 posts
Through The Valleys

A collection focused on providing players with a Vanilla Plus experience using some of the best mods for Oblivion.

Ergon4321

Ergon4321

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Is it working properly? I've seen that vanila+ and vanilla++ collections are problematic for people. I have a lil experience in Skyrim modding but I've never modded Oblivion so it would be cool to install the package and go without manual work like it's said in description  

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 330 posts

Is it working properly? I've seen that vanila+ and vanilla++ collections are problematic for people. I have a lil experience in Skyrim modding but I've never modded Oblivion so it would be cool to install the package and go without manual work like it's said in description  

Hi Ergon4321, thanks for reaching out to me.

Yes!  The collection works great.  The only manual work is what's described in the installation instructions, which is pretty minimal.  My collection is not affiliated with any of the other Oblivion collections.  The "Vanilla+" label just means that it preserves the look and feel of the original game, rather than completely overhauling it.

If you do have any specific questions about the pre-requisites or installation instructions, please let me know and I am happy to answer.

Please feel free to try it out and tell me what you think!

Ergon4321

Ergon4321

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm very happy You replied so fast, thank You so much :D.

I just ended installing the collection. I haven't run the game and 4gb patch yet and it looks good(even any errors about Knight.esp aren't displayed) for now beside the fact that Vortex tells me that I should install obse
Should I download it from the displaying window and activate the plugin/install it manually?

I'm asking that question because I'm afraid deployment in Vortex can cause issues and mess load order You prepared.

Edit: 4gb patch does not exists, at least in my case (so I downloaded it manually and used it on oblivion and launcher exes). Vortex asks to download OBSE while new ver releases so it should be ignored I guess.

Edited by Ergon4321, 19 April 2022 - 07:46 PM.

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 330 posts

I'm very happy You replied so fast, thank You so much :D.

I just ended installing the collection. I haven't run the game and 4gb patch yet and it looks good(even any errors about Knight.esp aren't displayed) for now beside the fact that Vortex tells me that I should install obse
Should I download it from the displaying window and activate the plugin/install it manually?

I'm asking that question because I'm afraid deployment in Vortex can cause issues and mess load order You prepared.

Edit: 4gb patch does not exists, at least in my case (so I downloaded it manually and used it on oblivion and launcher exes). Vortex asks to download OBSE while new ver releases so it should be ignored I guess.

Hey Ergon4321,

Thanks for letting me know about your issue with the 4 GB RAM patcher.  It's included in the collection, but it sounds like Vortex did not install it properly.  I will go back and test that. 

Vortex likes to automatically ask you to install OBSE, which you should.  No need to worry about load order.  I have included rules for Vortex so that it will sort them properly. 

If you have any more issues, please feel free to bring them up so I can investigate, thank you.

EDIT:  I had to remove the Tools icons from the collection due to a bug in Vortex.  The instructions page was updated to adjust for their loss.  Users must now install OBSE themselves when prompted by Vortex as well.  

Lastly, it appears the Vortex implementation of Oblivion collections has a significant bug in it that prevents proper installation of the collection.  After the app reports the collection is installed, you will find that all of your mods are disabled.  This was the root of the Tools issue.  Sadly, you must go back to the Collection section and select Resume to complete the installation.  I will be submitting a bug report to the Nexus Team on the issues I've discovered.  Revision 4 is now up.

Ergon4321

Ergon4321

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So I managed to run the GOG version of the game with your collection(I have now 3 copies of the game because copy with PL localization from TES anthology is unmoddable, steam have broken shopping page - if You have GOTY u can't but GOTY deluxe).

Everything went like You described

I endoresed the collection :D

Edited by Ergon4321, 20 April 2022 - 01:52 PM.

jcook0313

jcook0313

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

I am having issues with my mouse not working.

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 330 posts

The first step is to reboot your PC and see if that corrects the issue.  When your computer restarts, make sure to not start steam.

If that does not resolve the issue, were you able to use the mouse in the character creation screen, but not afterwards when you want to move around?  Do you have a game controller plugged into your PC?  If so, please remove it.

Next, go into your Oblivion.ini file located in your My Games\Oblivion folder and make the following changes to your INI file:

bBackground Mouse=0
bBackground Keyboard=1
bUse Joystick=0

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or not, thank you.

jcook0313

jcook0313

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

The first step is to reboot your PC and see if that corrects the issue.  When your computer restarts, make sure to not start steam.

If that does not resolve the issue, were you able to use the mouse in the character creation screen, but not afterwards when you want to move around?  Do you have a game controller plugged into your PC?  If so, please remove it.

Next, go into your Oblivion.ini file located in your My Games\Oblivion folder and make the following changes to your INI file:

bBackground Mouse=0
bBackground Keyboard=1
bUse Joystick=0

It turns out that my video settings were to high for the game, turned of hdr and it worked. Thank you for the replay as soon as it lets me endorse you will be getting one from me. Thank you for taking the time to make a modlist for this game. As a parent and full time employee it helps when i can just download and play.

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 330 posts

bBackground Mouse=0
bBackground Keyboard=1
bUse Joystick=0

It turns out that my video settings were to high for the game, turned of hdr and it worked. Thank you for the replay as soon as it lets me endorse you will be getting one from me. Thank you for taking the time to make a modlist for this game. As a parent and full time employee it helps when i can just download and play.

Very interesting, thank you.  I really appreciate you taking the time to get back to me.  It helps make the collection better for the community when people let me know what issues they are having or what mods they don't like or think are missing.

It's my personal experience that an issue where the mouse doesn't work is due to a game pad controller being plugged in or an oblivion.ini file that is misconfigured.  I will research into how the video card settings could influence this based on your comments.  One thing to keep in mind - when you re-run the original game launcher it will reset your INI file.  Consequently, if there was a misconfiguration it would have been reset when you were making other changes.  Perhaps the act of running the game launcher inadvertently corrected the problem?

Keep in mind that I do apply several INI changes with the collection.  Most are designed to disable the game's built-in save system due to the fact that it can lead to corruptions that break your current game save.  I would suggest reapplying the collection INI changes when you have a chance.  To do so, go to your Mod section and find the "Oblivion Rebirth" mod.  Double click on it to open the settings panel to the right of Vortex and scroll down to the INI Tweaks section.  There you will see each of the changes I made.  Just deselect all of them, then reselect them to enable, then click Deploy.  This will re-apply the INI changes that came with the collection.

Thank you for the feedback!

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.979 seconds