Through The Valleys

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 330 posts

I have a issue with people's faces in the game. There is "Install blockhead" on every single face in the game. Idk what is causing the issue

That error means you are not running Oblivion Script Extender.  When you start the game in vortex, make sure to use the OBSE icon that is included in your dashboard.

Mvrat

Mvrat

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Game crashes alot but I don't know if it is the mod or Oblivion's itself :D

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 330 posts

Game crashes alot but I don't know if it is the mod or Oblivion's itself :D

It's not normal for the collection to crash a lot.  This can be caused by several factors.  First, if you've installed other mods they can create conflicts that lead to CTDs.  Second, if you've loaded a bunch of texture mods they can overload the Oblivion game engine and crash the system.

They can also be caused by corrupt game saves or game folder.  I would suggest going back to an older game save and trying some of them.  Does the problem happen more often when you are sneaking and striking NPCs?  For further assistance, please join my Discord listed on the main page of the collection, thank you.

kiloworm

kiloworm

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 35 posts

Hi there,

I have a frustrating issue. The first quest I've done for the fighter's guild in cheydenhall has resulted in a crash to desktop when trying to progress past giving the three guild members their weapons. the second they have their weapons it just goes down. any help would be appreciated. I have no other mods installed. no texture mods either.

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 330 posts

Hi there,

I have a frustrating issue. The first quest I've done for the fighter's guild in cheydenhall has resulted in a crash to desktop when trying to progress past giving the three guild members their weapons. the second they have their weapons it just goes down. any help would be appreciated. I have no other mods installed. no texture mods either.

Sorry to hear that.  This particular quest has always been a bit buggy, and you're not the first to experience this issue.  From what I can tell, if certain mobs load in the cave area it will crash (usually about 5 seconds after you enter the cave).  The only solution I'm aware of is to travel to a different part of the map, wait 3 days, then travel back and re-attempt the quest.  It may take several tries, since the game loads NPCs in the cave randomly.  Most people just move on to a different quest, then come back after several days and periodically try it.  Keep at it until you can enter without crashing, then you'll be able to complete.

If you have further issues, please join my Discord (listed on main page) for continued support, thank you.

Norman46spear

Norman46spear

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

I hope this will make my Oblivion playable. The graphics are so bad i keep losing interest. I'd like to do a playthrough. I will give it another try.

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 330 posts

I hope this will make my Oblivion playable. The graphics are so bad i keep losing interest. I'd like to do a playthrough. I will give it another try.

The collection updates the graphics for NPC's, the player character, weapons, and vegetation.  However, it does not update any of the other graphics in the game.  If you find that the game is still too bland for you graphically, then I suggest waiting until I release my next collection for Oblivion.  It will provide a total overhaul of the visuals and graphics used in the game.

Norman46spear

Norman46spear

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Thanks for putting this together as i have had no luck with Oblivion modding. This works perfectly, it looks good with no crashes and i recommend to anyone it is 100%. I had 2 shutters in about 3 hours. My first play-thought believe it or not as i couldn't deal with the poor quality of the vanilla game.

Edited by Norman46spear, 11 August 2022 - 11:58 PM.

1point

1point

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 2 posts

I have steam version 1.2.0.416 of Oblivion. It won't start using OBSE loader for some reason, but I can start the game using Oblivion.exe and can verify that OBSE is installed and running in game. But I have the facial textures that say to install Blockhead. The first time it happened, I closed the game and reinstalled Blockhead which worked long enough to get through the character creation, but at some point it quit working. I've tried a clean reinstall of the game and mod pack plus followed all of your suggestions on a similar post from a couple of months ago. Is there any hope for this Blockhead?

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 330 posts

I have steam version 1.2.0.416 of Oblivion. It won't start using OBSE loader for some reason, but I can start the game using Oblivion.exe and can verify that OBSE is installed and running in game. But I have the facial textures that say to install Blockhead. The first time it happened, I closed the game and reinstalled Blockhead which worked long enough to get through the character creation, but at some point it quit working. I've tried a clean reinstall of the game and mod pack plus followed all of your suggestions on a similar post from a couple of months ago. Is there any hope for this Blockhead?

Hi, try downloading OBSE version 22.6.1 from the following link:  Release xOBSE 22.6.1 (Hotfix Release) · llde/xOBSE (github.com)

You will need to drag and drop the zip file you download onto the vortex Mods section, and it will auto-install for you.  If that does not resolve the problem, please join my Discord (listed on the main page) to discuss further.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.030 seconds