Through The Valleys

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 333 posts

So I managed to run the GOG version of the game with your collection(I have now 3 copies of the game because copy with PL localization from TES anthology is unmoddable, steam have broken shopping page - if You have GOTY u can't but GOTY deluxe).

Everything went like You described

I endoresed the collection :D

Thank you very much, Ergon4321.  I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know about the issue you were having.  It helps me to make the collection better for everyone.  I was able to identify a bug in Vortex that affects players when creating new profiles during the installation process for a collection due to your help.  I have entered a bug fix to the Nexus team for this, and updated the collections description page to make it clear to avoid this.

In recognition for your help playtesting the collection, I have added you to the Credits section.  Also, I really do appreciate endorsements and up-votes as well!  Take care, and let me know what else you encounter in the game that doesn't seem right.

Flandersroger

Flandersroger

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 33 posts

I follow instructions well.  I have the right copy of game as in the description.  all dlc are enabled. 8 unfulfilled dependencies to start.

click on 4g ram and it goes to 4g ram .exe with a couple other files. i click on 'exe and get message "cannot open executable'

this is where i am at with this collection. no questions please pertaining to install instructions on page. maybe something else

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 333 posts

I follow instructions well.  I have the right copy of game as in the description.  all dlc are enabled. 8 unfulfilled dependencies to start.

click on 4g ram and it goes to 4g ram .exe with a couple other files. i click on 'exe and get message "cannot open executable'

this is where i am at with this collection. no questions please pertaining to install instructions on page. maybe something else

Hi Flandersroger, thanks for reaching out to me.  What version of Windows are you using?  That will help me understand if this is an OS issue or not.  Also, what platform did you get Oblvion from - Steam, GOG, Retail, etc?  If you happen to be using the GOG version, it already contains the 4Gb ram patcher so you don't need to run it.

It sounds like there may be some sort of systems permission issue going on.  I would suggest first trying to run the "4gb patch.exe" file as an Administrator.  If that doesn't work, copy the patcher file to the root of your Oblivion game folder, then run it from the command line.

Please let me know if this works for you or not, thank you.

smolbirb4

smolbirb4

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 9 posts

https://imgur.com/a/g6lBL4u

What exactly am I missing here? And how can I solve it

EDIT: It was user error

Edited by smolbirb4, 22 April 2022 - 05:57 PM.

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 333 posts

https://imgur.com/a/g6lBL4u

What exactly am I missing here? And how can I solve it

EDIT: It was user error

Thanks for letting me know.  I was going to suggest making sure OBSE was enabled in your mods section.  The mods you screenshot all require it.  Take care

H3rmit

H3rmit

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 26 posts

first, how do i download the new updates from Vortex? second, please add new quest mods. third, please add option for nude mod.

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 333 posts

first, how do i download the new updates from Vortex? second, please add new quest mods. third, please add option for nude mod.

H3rmit, thank you for your input.  To update to the latest revision, just click on the "add to vortex" button on next.nexusmods.com.  That will download the new updates to this collection.  If you are trying to update the Vortex app itself, then go to next.nexusmods.com and click on "
download" in the upper left-hand corner where it says "get vortex."  If that's not what you meant, please let me know.

I will work on adding quests and nudity for a future collection.  Thank you for providing me details on what you like to see.  Take care!

Uv3nemsis

Uv3nemsis

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 32 posts

I have reinstalled the game 3 times and I still get the same issue with Steam Error Application load error 5:0000065434 :/ when running the game from the folder.

when I try to launch it via steam as stated in OBSE it starts up but freezes and crashes.

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 333 posts

I have reinstalled the game 3 times and I still get the same issue with Steam Error Application load error 5:0000065434 :/ when running the game from the folder.

when I try to launch it via steam as stated in OBSE it starts up but freezes and crashes.

Hey Uv3nemsis, what version of Oblivion are you running?  I'm wondering if you have one for a different country that may have a unique issue.  

Start up Steam first, then start Vortex and run OBSE using the icon in Vortex.  I have seen issues where Steam needs to be running first before trying to play the game.  If that doesn't work, repeat these steps, but run Steam "as an administrator" before starting the game in Vortex.

If that doesn't work, try to use the Steam option to "verify integrity of game files" option located under the Oblivion Properties, Local Files tab in Steam. 

If it's still failing to run, go to your Steam folder on the drive where the game is played on, and delete the appcache directory.  Then restart Steam and run the game through Vortex normally.

And finally, if all that fails, copy the Steam.exe file into the same directory where your oblivion.exe file is located, then running the game through vortex normally.

If it's still not working, here's a web page that talks about linking the files together at the command prompt.  Please let me know how things are going for you.

Uv3nemsis

Uv3nemsis

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 32 posts

doing that now with the installing the game on the same directory where steam is located

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.925 seconds