Through The Valleys

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 337 posts

Very odd i can never get this to work properly. Install all the stuff and get on the game, but im playing like half vanilla oblivion with mods and there is loads of weird bugs lol. Can any one make a video tutorial, not idea what im doing wrong. Installed and reinstalled like 3 times.

The collection is a "vanilla plus" experience, so it should feel like vanilla oblivion with some mods.  But, I'm not sure what you mean by "weird bugs."  The instructions on the main page cover everything needed.  Make sure you do not have other oblivion collections or mods installed.  I recommend a clean wipe and reload:

uninstall oblivion in steam

delete the \steam\steamapps\common\oblivion folder

delete the \documents\my games\oblivion folder

reinstall oblivion in steam

run once through steam to bring up the launcher and set your graphics settings, then verify you can reach the main menu

run vortex and click "deploy mods" to copy the collection to your game folder

Go to the vortex mod section and double click on the Through The Valleys mod to bring up the settings panel

scroll down to the ini tweaks section, then deselect every ini change, then reselect them all, then hit deploy mods

retest

If you are still experiencing weird bugs, please join my discord listed on the main page and we can discuss further.

sasukekuragari

sasukekuragari

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 228 posts

hey probably sound like an idiot but I cant seem to adjust the difficulty with this collection installed is there anyway someone could walk me through that because I'm a father to twins I don't have the time to git good ya know any help would be appreciated thanks  :psyduck:

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 337 posts

hey probably sound like an idiot but I cant seem to adjust the difficulty with this collection installed is there anyway someone could walk me through that because I'm a father to twins I don't have the time to git good ya know any help would be appreciated thanks  :psyduck:

Sure, I suggest you start Oblivion and click the Gameplay option in the Main Menu.  There is a Difficulty slider at the top of the menu that will be displayed.  Move to the left to reduce difficulty.

sasukekuragari

sasukekuragari

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 228 posts

Sure, I suggest you start Oblivion and click the Gameplay option in the Main Menu.  There is a Difficulty slider at the top of the menu that will be displayed.  Move to the left to reduce difficulty.

but that's the problem as soon as I exit the menu and go back to gameplay it shoots back up to the hardest level 

vegasstephen

vegasstephen

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 337 posts

but that's the problem as soon as I exit the menu and go back to gameplay it shoots back up to the hardest level 

If you have Through The Valleys (and not Oblivion Rebirth+), there are no mods that change the difficulty level of it.  I am guessing that something has become corrupted in either your save game or the game folder itself.  First, I would try going back to some old saves to see if you still have the issue.  If you do, then you'll need to perform a clean wipe and reload of the game folder:

uninstall oblivion in steam

delete the \steam\steamapps\common\oblivion folder

delete the \documents\my games\oblivion folder

reinstall in steam

run once from steam to set the graphics settings and verify you can reach the main menu of the game

run vortex and click deploy mods to copy the collection over to your game folder

go to the vortex mods section and double click on the through the valleys mod to open the settings panel

scroll down to the ini tweaks section, then deselect every ini change, then reselect all of them

hit deploy mods to push the changes out

If you still have issues after this, please join my discord listed on the main page and we'll look at it further.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.934 seconds