Can't absorb dragon souls + too many enemies

deathsex

Okay this started yesterday after I installed skyrim 1.9 via <snip>... Skyrim update 13 <snip>. This is how I got all my game files and dlc. It never gave me any problems before when I was using 1.8, but starting a new character I couldn't complete dragon rising quest as when I killed it the guards and irileth just ran away and cowered and the dragon didn't absorb and disintegrate it just lay there dead with quest marker still on it.

I tested this out on another character by fighting a dragon in the wild, and after a long as battle thanks to the vampires and bandits that appeared too, I couldn't absorb it's soul. That has also started happening since the patch and was wondering if its normal to have everything including sabre cats n wolves to show up in mid dragon fight?

I have BOSS and skse but boss runs fine, I don't use any unoffial patch esm's. Have tried quest using skse loader and the normal tesv file but it remains the same.
I read that it may be the dragonborn esm that messes it up so I tried disabling it and running the game without it but then I can't get to the main menu before the client just exits by itself.