"Oblivion Launcher can't find Oblivion game executable"

Aleshandre

I've been running Oblivion on a new (if cheap - IE eMachines) computer and until recently had no real problems. Today I tried to run it and I got an error message (as seen in the topic title). Since the last time I ran it on this computer, I have installed a new graphics card (ATI All in Wonder - I know probably a bad idea, but it was on sale for 1/4 of its normal price). I suspected corrupted registry values, so I checked them. The only values are as follows:

Bethesda Softworks - (Default) - Value not Set

Oblivion - (Default) - Value not Set

Oblivion - Installed Path - C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\

I also have TESCS installed and Shivering Isles, both of which only have the "default" registry entries.

Am I missing any registry entries? If so, what are they and/or where can I find them? If not, I fear I may have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall and I would need to be pointed in the direction of the instruction thread (I can't seem to find it - probably due to frustration).

I've been running Oblivion on a new (if cheap - IE eMachines) computer and until recently had no real problems. Today I tried to run it and I got an error message (as seen in the topic title). Since the last time I ran it on this computer, I have installed a new graphics card (ATI All in Wonder - I know probably a bad idea, but it was on sale for 1/4 of its normal price). I suspected corrupted registry values, so I checked them. The only values are as follows:

Bethesda Softworks - (Default) - Value not Set

Oblivion - (Default) - Value not Set

Oblivion - Installed Path - C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\

I also have TESCS installed and Shivering Isles, both of which only have the "default" registry entries.

Am I missing any registry entries? If so, what are they and/or where can I find them? If not, I fear I may have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall and I would need to be pointed in the direction of the instruction thread (I can't seem to find it - probably due to frustration).

Here's an Uninstallation Guide

I would add to this by saying that it's a good idea to defrag before reinstalling

Also Bben46 (a moderator here) Has a guide as well.

A good registry cleaner is Ccleaner (sorry-no link)

Archived