Mods I Wish Existed

tautaula

Do you wish there were one or more specific mods that don't exist for some reason, and you lack the skills and/or time to do it yourself?

I do! And I'd like to both tell you about my list, and hear about yours if you have them!

I'm hoping that some active modders here might take pity on one or more of us, but if that won't happen, that's okay. At least we've got one another to commiserate with.

I can't mod at all because I use openMW and have somehow locked myself out of the openMW construction set. Something about QT? Meh. Even if I did make mods, they would be in .omwaddon format, not .esp - which means alas, I couldn't share them with anyone who doesn't use openMW! I don't want that! So, my list:

1)A program that will allow me to convert .omwaddon mods to .esp format that runs natively in linux

2)A mod that will standardise all of Korana's various clothing mods so that all gowns and dresses become robes, and all pairs of gloves that are one item instead of two, are right gloves. This 2nd part is so it will play nice with MCA, in which NPC masks are left gloves. I'd also be interested in other clothing mods being altered to this same standard, and this standard being applied to the many mods meant to include various clothing mods onto MCA NPCs.

3)An openMW-friendly version of Bantari's mods. I know there's such a thing for Ravenloft; I use it - but Bantari's other mods... I've stopped using them for now because of all the hot pink surfaces (because texture names begin with numbers and therefore openMW ignores them).

4)A mod to add a companion-friendly entrance to Ravenloft that's located in a city or town besides Seyda Neen. Caldera? Suran? Tel Mora? Every single vanilla Morrowind town, but it's in the form of a pylon so it doesn't eat up much real estate?

5)A large and varied variety of wigs for all races in one mod. Some of us like to RP that we are changing hairstyles on our characters and companion NPCs.

6)More mods that add cat companions, or else add more cats to the one that exists! Kitties are cute, and I'd like to see felines besides that mod's. Longhair cat meshes/textures? Can the kitten walk animation have the babies stick their tails up like I see real kittens do? For all I know, that's not even possible, but... if it is, I'd want it.

7)More female clothing mods that actually cover the body. Yes, there are some - but feels like never enough!

8)A clothing mod of 'dirty' vanilla clothes. Mod on boots and trousers should be a thing that happens a LOT on the Bitter Coast! Mud splashing onto shirts, too. And the default starter shirt is white?! (Also: a related mod that lets one hire a commoner to launder one's clothes, or maybe do it oneself?)

9)A compatibility mod between Morrowind Crafting and at least some of the various mods that add stuff like paintings, tapestries, and furniture, so that one can use the wood kit in MC to turn the misc items into statics when you get them placed exactly how you want them. Start with Korana's stuff?

So, that's my list. I am interested in YOUR list, if you have one! Have we got any items in common? Has any of the stuff I listed been done, and I just didn't find it?

Thank you all, even if you only read this and won't respond!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...