Well- i was away from Skyrim since 10 month or so and there are still many problems ;)

Just for your problem, i had nearly the same, in my case the cause was the "hdd energy management" of my Western-Digital HDD through Winwows 7 (AAM/APM Management) I'm sorry, but my english vocabulary is not large enough to describe the cause more precisely.

Anyway, you can try as follows:

- Download "CrystalDiskInfo" (it's free) and disable AAM/APM via options/advanced options.

(Disabling Win7 hdd internal energy management will not do the same)

I hope this will help you too, mr. detective ;)

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same EXACT issue! I have tried OVER 30 solutions! Nothing. I have installed on 3 different computers and have encountered the same problem on every computer. My most recent computer has a GTX 780 and an I7-4770k. I have not overclocked my system yet as I see no need yet. It is a beast.

I am sure you've gotten the help you needed, I haven't read much beyond the topic itself, but if you didn't get help, I know how it feels to be ignored and people move passed your post.

I get the same thing sometimes, and I tend to ignore it, since I love the game so much, I excuse it. I suggest that you make sure you have no mod, and I noticed this happened [after] I got the Dawnguard DLC along with the official Skyrim texture pack. If you have the official Skyrim texture pack, remove it and see what happens, since I have a full 2-4k texture pack, I can see why I get it here and there, but I am not sure for you.

ALSO! It may not be your computer, it may be Bethesda failing to fix a bug update after update, since people with decent computers all over the place seem to get it, so I am coming to the conclusion that it is probably just Bethesda.

I hope this helped you! If not, thanks anyways for reading this. If it did, please put a reply, so I feel that I have helped the community, I hate being ignored, so I shall not ignore anyone else. c:

- Devin