CTD whenever i try to load save or start new save..

SoloSage47

Okay i must not have been clear. I know about SKSE.

I use Mod Organizer to launch my mods into the game via SKSE64_loader.exe through MO's executables menu as a good modder would.

When starting the game, skyrim's main menu pops up just fine.

My problem begins once i try to load up my save (which isn't too unexpected due to the changes i made to my load order) and ,my game crashes to desktop.

Tried starting a new game instead but still i CTD.

First guy suggested launching SKSE without Mod Organizer

The New game works just fine but no mods are loaded (Obviously because i didnt launch in MO where all the mods are stored)

I tried getting the Jaxonz MCM Kick Starter SE. that you mentioned but that had no effect and was def not needed for the issue im dealing with

Hope that makes more sense cause i could really use some actual HELP!!

Yes, if you use SKSE you'll need to start the game using the SKSE64_loader.exe. Otherwise I'd expect issues with saves including SKSE dependent mods.

I'll admit I hadn't considered that anyone having SKSE installed would be starting the game using the Bethesda loader (note: under normal operation). My bad.

Found your problem. Look at the far left column of your load order. See all those number 254's? You've overloaded your mods. The max number of plugins that skyrim can handle is 254.

So, you have 2 options that I can see.

#1 cut your mods down to where your plugins are under the max limit of 254.

#2 go through plugins and mark as light plugin (.esl) all possible.

Don't know what mod manager you use. I use Vortex myself and marking as light easy peezy.

I'm running right at 300 mods with 102 active plugins and 185 light plugins. Light plugins don't count towards the max available plugin slots.

Just double checked my LOOT load and it says I have 222 Regular plugins(.esp) and 600 light plugins (.esl). All those 254's in the load order of my original post i believe is the creation club content that i activated when i got Legend Of Dragonborn. Is creation club content suppose to count against my load order??

Re-reading your comment, that you went to steamapps/common/Skyrim SE/skse64launcher.exe or what and where ever it is for you and didn't find any mods is strange. Whatever mod organizer you use would be irrelevant as it's just a pointer to the .exe. Have you validated versions? Don't think you've said anything about AE or SE. Recent changes or updates?

Re-reading your comment, that you went to steamapps/common/Skyrim SE/skse64launcher.exe or what and where ever it is for you and didn't find any mods is strange. Whatever mod organizer you use would be irrelevant as it's just a pointer to the .exe. Have you validated versions? Don't think you've said anything about AE or SE. Recent changes or updates?

Ive been playing on AE and have made sure all the mods i added were for AE or updated to AE.

If that's what you mean by validating versions i should be up to date.

To me it makes sense that my mods didn't launch outside MO.

Don't know too much about how modding usually works in other programs but i know MO stores all my Rim Mods in a private data folder within MO2's root directory on my (C:) drive.

By the looks of the way its organized MO2 merges this other data folder which contains all my mods with skyrim only when the SKSE loader is launched within MO2 (Mod Organizer 2)