Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 Creation Kit now available on Steam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 18,320 posts
As some of you may already be aware, the Bethesda.net launcher is being shut down next month and players are being offered the chance to migrate their games and other content to Steam. 

The Creation Kit - the official SDK for creating Skyrim and Fallout 4 mods - could only be acquired exclusively through this launcher which would of course be a problem for new modders once the service is taken offline. 

Luckily, Bethesda has already made both the Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition versions of the Creation Kit freely available on Steam. You can add them to your library by clicking on the banners below. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

I have been able to confirm with Bethesda that both of these Creation Kit builds are compatible with the Steam and Xbox (PC) versions of their respective games. You should not need the Steam version exclusively to use these tools. However, it is unclear whether the CK will work seamlessly with the Virtual Reality versions of the games as modding for Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR is not officially supported by Bethesda.

The Fallout 4 Creation Kit appears to be much the same as the version offered by the Bethesda launcher, however, the version for Skyrim SE has been updated from 1.5.73 to 1.6.438.0. The update includes the following changes:

• Now able to save an arrow's weight at 0
  • Memory leak fix
  • Now able to change weapon form's "unequip sound"

This, unfortunately, means that the new version is no longer compatible with the fantastic SSE CreationKit Fixes by Nukem. I spoke with Nukem earlier today who said he doesn't currently have the time to update CK fixes but is welcoming any assistance from contributors on the project GitHub page

If you're using this addon, make sure to make a backup of the current Creation Kit files found in your Skyrim game folder (listed below) or use the Creation Kit Downgrade Patcher by Halgari

• Tools (entire folder)
  • Papyrus Compiler (entire folder)
  • lex (entire folder)
  • Data\Scripts.zip
  • CreationKit.exe
  • CreationKit.ini
  • flowchartx64.dll
  • p4com64.dll
Kudos to Otellino for the list. 

It's important to keep in mind that this is not an automatic update, so there's no reason to overreact! If you have the version from Bethesda.net you do not need to download the Steam version. However, if you ever need to reinstall Creation Kit, Steam will be the only option from 11 May 2022 onwards.

As a reminder, you will also be able to migrate any games from the Bethesda.net launcher to Steam starting tomorrow (27 April 2022). You can read more about the migration process on Bethesda's website

Sephrajin

Sephrajin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
First! :)
Me did a steam search and could not find them :facepalm:
For anyone else who manualy searched the CK's.... they're on the (steam) game (shop) site below the DLC's...

Also thanks for the direct links :)

AVeryUncreativeUsername

AVeryUncreativeUsername

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,173 posts
This is pretty cool to finally see the Creation Kit on Steam. It was the only reason I ever used the Beth launcher.

Radioactivelad

Radioactivelad

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
About time, it was such a transparently goofy-ass ploy to get people to download their launcher that nobody wanted.

Edited by Radioactivelad, 26 April 2022 - 12:51 PM.

kottadragon

kottadragon

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Modding without having to download Bethesda's shitty launcher is back on the menu, boys!

ElSopa

ElSopa

Apple Juice Fan

• Premium Member
  • 6,582 posts
:thumbsup:

veopikke

veopikke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thanks for the regionlock bypass guys!

Masterlix1982

Masterlix1982

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,314 posts
Archive2?

Edited by Masterlix1982, 26 April 2022 - 02:58 PM.

Sansum

Sansum

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Finally lol

DankRafft

DankRafft

but friends call me Daft

• Premium Member
  • 3,766 posts
In response to post #108602873.

Spoiler

It is part of the Steam download. I just installed it and am using Archive2 right now.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.927 seconds