Skyrim SE Faralda won't train

Darylem

I am a member of the College of winterhold, but Faralda won't train me. I have the training option when I talk to her, but when i select it she says nothing and the training dialog never comes up. She will sell to me, but no training.

I have not started the containment quest, I have just finished the first lessons quest. Also, I once was able to train with faralda, but now for multiple playthroughs I have not been able to train at all. The only magic related mod I have installed is apocalypse magic.

Followed normal process to access college, no problem with faralda, took her test and she granted access. All of the other trainers at the college provide training as usual. I do have anniversary edition, but this occurred prior to that as well. The only thing I haven't done is completely uninstall and reinstall skyrim.

You must have really pissed off Faralda in a previous life.

I may be wrong about Apocalyptic Magic, (great mod, I use it and no issues with training). How and when it was integrated might be the cause of your Faralda training scripting issues.

Some mods screw up scripting if implemented during a play through.

Try completely uninstalling Apocalyptic Magic and any other mod that effects Faralda - start a new game, run threw "First Lessons" and see if Faralda will train.

If you've ever seen Bethesda's original coding, you'd beet your head against the wall!