Stuttering on vanilla skyrim LE and micro freezes HELP

gman0909

A few days ago I was playing skyrim and I started to notice some freezing and stuttering while walking out in the open world. I thought nothing of it maybe it was a new mod I Installed or something? so I decided to remove the newest mods Installed and revert back to an old save before I installed it. I launched the game only to find that the game was still stuttering and freezing for like 2 seconds every few feet. So as a experienced modder thought I would give deactivating a few more mods might do the trick maybe something got over written but still nothing changed. Then I decided to go a little extreme, I deactivated all mods (close to 190) and deleted all skyrim files in my C: drive and in documents to do a fresh install. No enbs, no mods , just vanilla skyrim. Booted up the freshly installed skyrim and the stuttering and micro freezes were still there. At this point I was in disbelief nothing had worked to fix this issue. I would post a load order but nothing is installed other than the base game. I have a pretty decent computer (GPU radeon rx 580 series CPU amd fx 4300 SSD hard drive) I Also have SE that runs with no issues and it even has even better fps which is weird. I thought maybe it might be a hardware issue but all other games like elden ring and doom eternal fine if anyone can help with this I would be extremely grateful.

The problem with Steam is that it keeps certain data of your game and when you do a fresh install it downloads that data. For instance, did you delete "appcache" in the Steam folder before you reinstalled Skyrim? That is where Steam keeps data on your game and when you reinstall your game it downloads that data.

There are a few methods of creating a vanilla Skyrim out there I would use one of them. Just google "creating a vanilla Skyrim" and you should get some links to how to do so.

This may not be your problem but I would certainly give it a shot. Especially since Steam has put in that "keep game saves in the Steam cloud" feature, which I would definitely not use, Steam keeps enough data on your game as it is, so much that you must really go through some hoops in order to create a vanilla game.

I use Revo uninstaller which not only can delete the appdata roaming files but also the registry files. Be careful when deleting registry files though, follow the instructions carefully. You will have to delete your documents>my games>Skyrim folder manually, also don't forget to delete "appcache" before you reinstall. Don't worry that deleting appcache will affect your other Steam games, they will just create the file when you launch the game. That is if you have not reinstalled and launched Skyrim from Steam before then in which case that file will have been recreated along with the ini and prefini files you deleted.