mods don't work

greengo7

Hi. I played the deluxe game all through a year or so back and decided to go again with mods. I HAD loaded a couple mods like strippers in new vegas being topless, just cause it seemed appropriate, they worked fine.

now, on reloading and trying several new mods, almost none work. now I haven't been everywhere yet, but the ones I really wanted anyway don't show up. specifically Farming Bob, I fought the law, weapon durability, real time settler, This house has quests, and xander oasis.

I FINALLY found that they should go in the data folder, so that's where they are, but I get nothing

I dl'd them manually from nexus site and unzipped them into the data folder.

Some may need to be started somehow, like real time settler or farming bob, but idk what to do to start them. no instructions with file

PS: NVSE seems to work fine, except that sound effects are dragging what seems like a minute later, the sound happens. I have a very old 2006 computer, 64 bit quad core with a pitiful built in graphics "card", of 256 mg. (I actually was surprised it ran at all.) still, like I said other mods work. what could possibly be wrong?

attached is a jpg with machine info

Edited by greengo7

none. no mod manager. not using steam or gog galaxy or whatever it's called either. My cpu is so old i don't want to load one program just to launch another. i need all the ram i can get. I know a mod manager doesn't do that, but I tried the FOMM one and didn't notice it doing anything at all. perhaps I didn't know how to use it? I couldn't figure out how to get it to even recognize my mods. downloaded the vortex one and it seems to rely on gog galaxy or steam or something . why is it i can dl mods for other games and stick them in a mods folder and I'm done? too old and dumb, I guess.

dunno why I can't reply to your message, JimboUK

Edited by greengo7

These day people make mods with manager in mind. Meaning they dont really need to come with instructions. If you are hardcore enough to do without, you are good enough to learn to use it without asking here, since doing without is a big proof you being a masochist of first order. I am speaking, of course, as the one doing without for a decade, and just learn MO2 two years ago.

MO2 is the best in term of management. The time spent learning to use is time very well spent.

Your computer is fine. Much better than the one I use in pre-MO2 days. you can run FNV on Mo2, and a few more mods with it.

so, THAT is your idea of help? calling me names and dismissing me? I am not "hardcore" anything. I just want to get the mods to work. I SAID I couldn't get mod manager to DO anything, so saying I need one and not saying which one would help me is no help.

What is MO2?

would LOVE to learn, but as we already went over, there is NO INSTRUCTIONS anywhere. or are you saying that mo2 (whatever that is, DOES have good instructions, or is intuitive?)

For someone's first mod manager, I would recommend FOMM-FORK https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991 It is simple to install and use. It is also the only mod manager here that was made specifically for Fallout3 and Fallout: New Vegas. It does not try to be anything else but a mod manager for those two games. It does come with an extensive ReadMe that will explain how to use it.

You know why there's no intrusction? Because with MO2, we can just click the install mod button, click on target rar file, and pressto! It auto detect the structure of files and folder inside then unrar it onto approriate locations. not validating thing, not messing around. If there's problem, it will pop up a window to tell you why (where incorect folder and how)

If he has to spend effort to learn to use mod manager, Mod Organizer 2 is a much better target, better return for same effort spent, and not that hard. I can learn to use it. I cant think of others who can not. And F3/FNV is only good for a few years before he tired of them and get other games. So what then with FOMM ?

FOMM is good. I used to use that sheest. But honestly, the way mods going more and more, the way I install more and more, the way it complicating things more and more.... MO2 is much better to do all that than FOMM.

Edited by laclongquan

none. no mod manager. not using steam or gog galaxy or whatever it's called either. My cpu is so old i don't want to load one program just to launch another. i need all the ram i can get. I know a mod manager doesn't do that, but I tried the FOMM one and didn't notice it doing anything at all. perhaps I didn't know how to use it? I couldn't figure out how to get it to even recognize my mods. downloaded the vortex one and it seems to rely on gog galaxy or steam or something . why is it i can dl mods for other games and stick them in a mods folder and I'm done? too old and dumb, I guess.

dunno why I can't reply to your message, JimboUK

If you're gonna do things manually then I think the suggested FOMM-FORK https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/54991 would be best, you do need a manager of some sort to enable the mods, after they've been enabled you can close it before launching the game.