The Mod Manager Will Not Let Me Drop In Any More Mods

Firerad

Hello, I have been trying to download a bunch of mods for New Vegas to enhance my experience with the Dust mod, but, after a point of downloading a bunch of other mods to compliment it, I found myself unable to drop certain mods into the manager. I was doing it manually as it doesn't seem like the automatic version works for me. I have tried to exit the mod manager to try and see if that worked, but to no avail. It used to be just a random mod every so often, but then it just wouldn't take any of the mods I downloaded and tried to add.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I could do to fix it? I only saw one other post about this issue, but it was rather incomprehensible and not at all the circumstances my laptop is in currently.

what mod manager are you talking about?

The regular Nexus Mod Manager. I've tried a few different things to try and fix the issue like change file types and the like, but I am at a loss as to why the manager has inexplicably just decided that it wouldn't allow me to add any more mods into it after a point. None of the other mods I want that I tried to add into it simply won't appear when I try to add a file.

Edited by Firerad

To clarify "Nexus Mod Manager" or "Vortex Mod Manager"? They are different programs.

The Nexus Mod Manager, yes. I was not aware Vortex was a thing until recently as I had downloaded the Nexus Mod Manager some time ago, but didn't touch it much until more recently.

Edited by Firerad

With NMM, on the mods page, you click on the Plus sign, and then select "add mod from archive", or some such. I wasn't aware it even did the drag and drop thing.

I mean, that's what I was doing (though it was from the file rather than an archive as I downloaded everything manually). When I say 'drop in' I say that as in 'add' it to the mod manager, I don't think it will actually let you drag and drop it literally; that's unless you're referring to me actually just dragging the mods into the folder on the hard drive itself rather than trying to add it via the manager... I tried that and it didn't seem to work unless I somehow did it incorrectly.

The main issue is that it just won't let me add any more period. It was working beforehand when I was at first adding mods into it after downloading them one at a time, but then just... Nothin'.

Ok, just a confusion in terms then. :)

The method you are using *should* work just fine. So far as I know, NMM doesn't care how many plugins you are attempting to load. Does it toss an error or anything when you try and add the mod??

Ok, just a confusion in terms then. :smile:

The method you are using *should* work just fine. So far as I know, NMM doesn't care how many plugins you are attempting to load. Does it toss an error or anything when you try and add the mod??Oh,

Oh, I found the problem! I'm a dummy for not checking it sooner! Apparently I had a bunch of stuff queued up without me noticing and it wasn't letting me resume them because I wasn't 'logged in' to the Nexus. I just purged the list and went to readd the files. It works now! I didn't notice that until I noticed the Download Manager had 0/23, lol.