Heavy Traffic ×

The Mod Manager Will Not Let Me Drop In Any More Mods

Firerad

Also be aware NMM was "end of life" many years ago now and is unsupported. If you want help with our official mod manager you'll need to use Vortex :smile:

How easy would it be to export all my mods into that and would that affect games I've already run with mods added to NMM?

Edit: I also see Vortex might be a pain to try and even install due to the admin permission bit.

Edited by Firerad

Firead, don't let Robin's minions scare you. NMM is alive and well, and supported beyond Nexus. You can find it on Nexus and Github. There is also a Discord for questions. Good luck.

I already switched, but thank you. Vortex does seem to arrange mod loadout automatically which seems good to me. I don't know what would be wrong with Vortex over NMM since it does seem like Vortex has a cleaner interface too. Now I just need to get my mods to actually work, hah.

Guest deleted34304850

Also be aware NMM was "end of life" many years ago now and is unsupported. If you want help with our official mod manager you'll need to use Vortex :smile:

How easy would it be to export all my mods into that and would that affect games I've already run with mods added to NMM?

Edit: I also see Vortex might be a pain to try and even install due to the admin permission bit.

exporting mods from nmm to vortex is a challenge but is doable as long as you're not an idiot.

what do you mean with "admin permission bit"?

exporting mods from nmm to vortex is a challenge but is doable as long as you're not an idiot.

what do you mean with "admin permission bit"?

Ah, it was just 'don't enable admin permission' stuff, but it wasn't enabled on the application so it didn't pertain to me. I already got everything set up. Now I just need my mods to work, lol. I'll probably get my plugin list in another post so people can aid me with that as I can get the game running, but it likes to crash on me if I take more than a dozen steps in any direction. Probably a mod conflict somewhere with stuff not loading in properly.

Edit: Well, damn. It's not letting me make a new post at all now. I think trying to post screenshots or something previously to show some of the mods I had installed had the site blocked me from posting anything more in a fresh thread. >_> Uhhhh- any help with that?

Edited by Firerad

Guest deleted34304850

i'm still not following what you mean. you should not allow ANY program to be admin - that's just how windows works. you can run it as admin but that's a seriously stupid thing to do.

but by design - windows doesn't want you to run anything as admin that doesn't need it. it will let you, of course, but you shouldn't.

running vortex as a normal user is perfectly fine. why do you think its a problem?

Firead, don't let Robin's minions scare you. NMM is alive and well, and supported beyond Nexus. You can find it on Nexus and Github. There is also a Discord for questions. Good luck.

I already switched, but thank you. Vortex does seem to arrange mod loadout automatically which seems good to me. I don't know what would be wrong with Vortex over NMM since it does seem like Vortex has a cleaner interface too. Now I just need to get my mods to actually work, hah.

I tried Vortex. It made some assumptions about my mods and my load order which were incorrect. Thus, it produce a "recommended" load order which caused issues. When I attempted to correct the problem manually, I discovered that the ability to make manual changes to a load order were cumbersome at best.

Then I discovered a thread by someone who had the same issue with manual manipulation of the load order. "Someone from Nexus" (Robin Scott has threatened banning if anyone directly mentions this person in a negative context) told that user there was no problem with Vortex, the problem was in that users expectations. Given that I have the same expectations, I knew that I was never going to get satisfaction, so I uninstalled Vortex and went back to NMM.

Guest deleted34304850

what "assumptions" did it make? i've used it since alpha and its never "assumed" anything for me. perhaps I'm doing it wrong? i don't think I am, but you never know.