Image Cap Increase

TheNarberal

As of right now, you cannot upload images as your profile pic if they are above 100kb. This is the only website I have ever used that limited it to such a small amount for profile images. And I look on the forums here and almost no one has a profile picture or it is laughably pixelated. I'd say bumping it up to at the very least, 1 MB would be a great addition, and more people can get images on their profiles that they want.

Guest deleted34304850

a megabyte for a profile pic? are you serious? is your preferred profile pic in 8k or something?

For a 68x68 pixel non-animated image you really do not need more than 100kb. Downsize whatever image you are using to 68x68 in an image editing program to reduce the file size on your end before you upload and you will be fine.

For a 68x68 pixel non-animated image you really do not need more than 100kb. Downsize whatever image you are using to 68x68 in an image editing program to reduce the file size on your end before you upload and you will be fine.

That's what I did and it looks really really low quality.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you using Windows scaling or something like that? that would enlarge images and make them look a bit rough.

I didn't use Windows Scaling I don't think, but I also didn't enlarge anything. I had to shrink it down quite a bit.

If you want to stick the fully version on Imgur or something I'll happily take a crack at downsizing it for you. Your avatar does have some fairly intricate detail that may simply not be something than can be clearly shown in a 68x68 image.