Image Cap Increase

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TheNarberal

TheNarberal

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 33 posts

As of right now, you cannot upload images as your profile pic if they are above 100kb. This is the only website I have ever used that limited it to such a small amount for profile images. And I look on the forums here and almost no one has a profile picture or it is laughably pixelated. I'd say bumping it up to at the very least, 1 MB would be a great addition, and more people can get images on their profiles that they want. 

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

Resident

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

a megabyte for a profile pic? are you serious? is your preferred profile pic in 8k or something?

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 18,001 posts

We might increase this a little when we move avatars off the forum. Although, that said, whatever you upload we'll probably resample down to a sensible size for showing next to your content anyway. 

TheNarberal

TheNarberal

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 33 posts

a megabyte for a profile pic? are you serious? is your preferred profile pic in 8k or something?

an 8k is between 11-90 MB for a singular image. The original photo that I'm using was ~800KB.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,405 posts

For a 68x68 pixel non-animated image you really do not need more than 100kb. Downsize whatever image you are using to 68x68 in an image editing program to reduce the file size on your end before you upload and you will be fine.

TheNarberal

TheNarberal

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 33 posts

For a 68x68 pixel non-animated image you really do not need more than 100kb. Downsize whatever image you are using to 68x68 in an image editing program to reduce the file size on your end before you upload and you will be fine.

That's what I did and it looks really really low quality. 

JimboUK

JimboUK

There's someone watching me, I can tell.

• Premium Member
  • 46,257 posts

Are you using Windows scaling or something like that? that would enlarge images and make them look a bit rough.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.035 seconds