Need help adding to the Enchant Menu...

LordKhaos333

I would like to add a new menu item to the Enchanting Table... However I have no modding experience. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where I can get started learning what it is I need to learn to achieve this? Also another thing I will possibly need to know is how to create/manipulate level lists. If anyone can help me with this, I would most appreciate it!

Anyone? Surely someone must know how to do this? or Tutorials related to this?

There's a surprising lack of tutorials for a lot of things in skyrim. If I had more knowledge I think I would start writing them myself because there's a whole bunch of stuff I want to know I can't find help with. I can't answer your question, but I would start here and hope you find something:

http://www.creationkit.com/category:tutorials

http://www.cipscis.com/skyrim/tutorials/beginners.aspx

I would also check over at TES Alliance. They seem to have few tutorials, but the ones they do are typically well done.

You could try searching the forums here and maybe PM'ing a knowledgeable poster. In my short time here I've noticed, IsharaMeradin seems very reliable on a number of topics, particularly scripting and she seems extremely helpful. (actually it just occurred to me that I'm not sure that she's a she, but her avatar is a woman and the handle seems female) You would also try finding a mod on nexus that does something similar and try contacting the author. There are a lot of authors doing amazing things that there are no tutorials for, but when you contact them they do try to help even though they haven't written out their steps.

I know some very very basic stuff for computer languages, but I know pretty much nothing about papyrus or even how scripts are organized so I can't help you there, but in my limited experience on Nexus it seems like you might have to look into using SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender). I don't know for sure that this is the case, but it seems like a lot of mods using menus like you're talking about require script extender to work.

Edited by Fistandilius