New to Nexus Mods

Splat86

You can do it manually or let Wrye bash do it. So install Wrye bash or any other mod manager if you want to use any. it is needed as the original mod manager is a bit screwed. Wrye's mod managers are the oldest and today a whole team develops it and supports it. How to get support is in the description.

You cklik the links I gave you, use the DL tabs and DL buttons, save the files in Drive:Game Folder\Oblivion Mods\Installers after you installed Wrye Bash.

I use GOG version.

I have my game in I:\GOG Games\Oblivion

I have my Wrye bash folder in I:\GOG Games\Oblivion Mods\Installers

These paths are only used for Wrye Bash, no other mod managers. DL a simple mod, move it to that folder, Oblivion Mods \ Installers, launch Wrye Bash, right click the file from within Bash TAB Files and use the pop up Install. Bash installs everything into the right place. If it does not, you did not check ✅ Oblivion in the Bash exe installer when launching it the first time. The Wrye Bash works for all Net Immers games I know of. Fallout 3-4, TES 3-5 and maybe some more games - IDK. I think they have a list somewhere really. They focus at the Bethesda games, that is what I know.

And as a side info about the support: I did had a short chat with Wrye not long ago. He did try to help me finding a very old mod that is missing. I want that old mod from 2006 :D He is a good programmer and modder, he have been doing this for 18 years now. He is the best. And easy to chat with as well. His crew and team is amassing.

The Wrye bash documentation is very pedagogic about how to use it. It will pop up after the installation if you allow it to pop up. Check ✅ read the doc

Edited by Pellape

Some mods like OCO2 will require OBMM as it is packed with a system called OMOD. All Omods is best installed with OBMM, install it but avoid making changes in both mod managers at the same time. Wrye Bash has features that is missing in OBMM so I only use it as a second choice.

Read the description for each DL at each DL page for each file you will DL. Some add good descriptions, some do not. It is up to the modder's themselves to make stuff easy for the player. I must add that most stuff i did Dl for Skyrim lately, the last days, had excellent descriptions, all of them. It seems to be the norm in the Skyrim community. I cannot guarantee an old mod for Oblivion will be as crystal clear. If it is not, we sort it out.

Edited by Pellape

I have found a mod for Skyrim called Enderal Forgotten Stories, has any of you ever played it? Do you recommend it?

Enderal Forgotten Stories is a wonderful game. I really enjoyed playing it. I understand there is even a Skyrim SE version, although like with most things Steam, there is no way to directly download it... it either decides you are worthy or not, and then perhaps downloads. No rhyme or reason with Steam. The best thing about Enderal is being free if it chooses you. Sort of mystical.

The authors also made a mod for Oblivion, but I can't remember the name.